Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How Rare....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
What's going to hurt Aston Martin in the long run is the lack of funds for greater in-depth R&D work. What's really rare to me of the new Aston's is the Rapide. So few of them are roaming the streets or I'm just not that tuned in for them?

Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 PM
MikeD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Speedraser
It's clear what you're doing wrong -- you're selling your Astons too soon
No doubt. I've taken big beatings on AMG cars, too. For mass produced cars, Porsche is pretty solid. Ferrari is probably the best, as long as you don't pay the early owner premium. Btw, I think the Vanquish has just about hit bottom. I'd buy one again, except the memories of it clunking and squeaking are still too vivid. But it's hard to beat in a parking lot.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 AM
MI6
MI6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
What's going to hurt Aston Martin in the long run is the lack of funds for greater in-depth R&D work. What's really rare to me of the new Aston's is the Rapide. So few of them are roaming the streets or I'm just not that tuned in for them?
My understanding is the rapide really isn't selling well at all/ hence the decision to bring production back to Gaydon...

And as for future development this looks pretty interesting:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/mercedes-buy-aston-martin

Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Benjamin09 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MI6
My understanding is the rapide really isn't selling well at all/ hence the decision to bring production back to Gaydon...

And as for future development this looks pretty interesting:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...y-aston-martin
That "news" story about Mercedes is over 4 years old.....

Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by MikeD
... Btw, I think the Vanquish has just about hit bottom. I'd buy one again, except the memories of it clunking and squeaking are still too vivid. But it's hard to beat in a parking lot.
Lol, nothing like a $100k bespoke parking spot holder!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM
MikeD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
It wasn't great to drive, but few cars have as much presence.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by MikeD
It wasn't great to drive, but few cars have as much presence.
Totally agree, there was one on the lot at the dealer I bought my V8V from for not much more $. Was tempted, it's a sexy beast. But I was scared off by the ummm variable maintenance issues that you find with some of them. Still wonder, 'What if?' though.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Haha ... but a gorgeous car nontheless. Italian cars have their flare and all that, but an Aston Martin is always the well kept profound vehicle to me when you look at it.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
007DBS is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know exactly how many DBS are produced each year? breakdown coupe/convertible? allocations for US versus europe and asia?

I heard anywhere between 250 to 300 per year. Also I think they are about to finish up with the last 100 ultimate editions. So that would all add up to around 1500 total cars 08-12 (Europe began the DBS in 08)

can anyone confirm this. 1500 seems very low

Old 10-02-2012, 07:11 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
At least 3500.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
007DBS is infamous around these parts
where did you hear this and are they a reliable source? Do you have links? also do you know the breakdown of how many per model year, per country, and coupe/convertible?

Thanks

Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I've heard there are more then 3500 from several reputable dealers, in fact Aston's published numbers have long since been superceeded, and as it turns out AML may have produced more units then anticpated causing them to inadvertantly sit on dealer lots. Less volantes were made then coupes also from what I've heard. Again my sources are the AML dealer network.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 PM
MI6
MI6 is infamous around these parts
There's got go be some production volumes published somewhere... I'd read that the company only made 4 to 5 thousand cars annually (all 3 models and variants included)

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I recall hearing 3,000 Vantages a year fwiw.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I recall hearing 3,000 Vantages a year fwiw.
And the Speedmakers special earlier this year on the Speed channel indicated 1500 DB9s per year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Rare....