Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage Pulled Over for Unnecessary Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:50 PM
vladb2 is infamous around these parts
V8 Vantage Pulled Over for Unnecessary Noise

Got my V8 Vantage Roadster 6 month's ago and today I was pulled over for making "Unnecessary Noise". I was shifting to about 4-5k RPM on 1st without going above the speed limit and downshifting to slow down (stock exhaust with the fuse out). Just got a warning, but the cop said he put it in the system and that next time I will get a ticket. Anyone ever get pulled over for that?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
That is the craziest thing I've heard. What town were you in?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Richmond Hill. Yonge and 16h Ave. (Toronto, Canada)

Old 11-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I was pulled over near my house. My neighbour sent me these creep shots he took from his window.

The cop said "I know you are enjoying the good weather today with the top down, but you are brining unwanted attention to yourself with that noise".

Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
If the car meets with federal law and emissions the cops can't do crap! Have them right you a ticket and then fight it. They obviously have nothing else better to do!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
That's crazy!! We where just in Woodbridge with over 60 Exotics and a Murciélago that could cause earthquakes (which has been pulled off a few times for a no front plate, but never for his straight pipes)

You just got a d@@k - you'll be fine!!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 PM
DOOBEE is infamous around these partsDOOBEE is infamous around these parts
Reminds me of this ->http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621908 and this -> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580608. It's happening more often around here. I had a Meisterschaft on my M3 that was pretty loud and never had any issues but I'm pretty careful down in RH where they seem to be listening.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
bluesun is infamous around these parts
What do they do about Harleys? Those things make ten times the noise and only have 50 hp.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
... all those pictures are missing is the arrow pointing to the pickle up his a$$ ... you just ran into a guy having a bad day with way too much time on his hands ... (and I hope I never drive by him bc if that's how he felt about the stock exhaust, I shudder to think how he would react to the sound of the car w cats)

Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I was pulled over last summer for "suspected racing" because I was on the highway with a friend in an R8 V10. There was no racing going on. We weren't even speeding (we had a young child in one of the cars and his father in the other).

They said someone told them we were driving very fast. My guess is the sound of the cars coming onto the on ramp made it seem like we were driving much faster than we were.

Ontario cops just want to be the hero's that pulled over an exotic. I fight every ticket and I'm even getting an in car DVR camera. Crazy I feel I need to do that because I'm a gainfully employed law abiding adult.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
You must NOT be successful.

You must NOT enjoy yourself.

You must be a dutiful, mindless drone. Let the state think for you and take care of you; it knows best.

Should you stray from the path and experience success or joy, you must atone for your sins by doing penance. Penance is taxation: income tax, sales tax, health tax, fuel tax, property tax, traffic tickets etc., but we do not call it tax, we call it democracy.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
it sounds like he just wanted to have a closer look. The car sounds great but high rpm shifts are going to get the wrong kind of attention from cops. They can give you a ticket for anything they want so just write it off as an inconvenience of dealing with jealous minions and keep having fun in your new car!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow never knew tronto was that bad, that sure really sucks ay!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Rob J is infamous around these parts
Just another A-hole cop that is pissed off since he couldn't do anything else worthwhile with his life, so he had to settle on being a low income traffic cop. In my 43+ years of life, my respect for cops is at an all time low given their typical attitudes. He should be out catching real criminals. What a joke.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM
RichKnox is infamous around these parts
I was black flagged at Atlanta Motorsprts Park last weekend for 101db in a stock car. I had to shift early and lift to stay out.

Last edited by RichKnox; 11-13-2012 at 12:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8 Vantage Pulled Over for Unnecessary Noise