Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Slash's Aston Martin Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM
hayasa is infamous around these parts
Slash's Aston Martin Vanquish

Probably smells like smoke, though.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listin gId=95758042

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-15-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder if the dealer will throw in the rest of the kit on that one?

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/curly-rocker-wig.html?source=googleps&gclid=CJWn5bKC0bMCFUeRPAo dOy4A7w

Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Rob J is infamous around these parts
Like I'm supposed to pay extra because Slash or any other celebrity drove it? BFD.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^^a reason NOT to buy a car! BTDT, big mistake..... First and last time!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LRDog
^^^a reason NOT to buy a car! BTDT, big mistake..... First and last time!
Hmmm, sounds like there's a good story there. How about sharing it?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Funny, that's the dealer I just bought mine from (first one, just got it Friday, weeeeee).

Glad I got mine and not that though.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
haha if that car could talk the stories it would tell...cigarette (maybe other substances) smoke, maybe a few burn holes, an empty jack daniels bottle in the back seat, a few thongs scattered here and there...a vanquish to vanquish all others!! it's all about the rock & roll bros!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Hmmm, sounds like there's a good story there. How about sharing it?
Not much of a story really, my experience is celebs do not really take care of their cars...... It was a 7-series BMW once owned by NBA player with ~7k miles. Paint on fender lips rubbed off b/c of huge wheels/tires that didn't fit properly, paint in terrible shape and interior didn't look like 7k mile car......

Have seen a DB9 also owned by current NBA player that was used by all his buddies..... trashed! When Larry Johnson was playing for the Hornets, I looked at a couple of his cars. He was a really nice guy but, didn't really care for his cars. They were rough!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:06 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LRDog
Not much of a story really, my experience is celebs do not really take care of their cars...... It was a 7-series BMW once owned by NBA player with ~7k miles. Paint on fender lips rubbed off b/c of huge wheels/tires that didn't fit properly, paint in terrible shape and interior didn't look like 7k mile car......

Have seen a DB9 also owned by current NBA player that was used by all his buddies..... trashed! When Larry Johnson was playing for the Hornets, I looked at a couple of his cars. He was a really nice guy but, didn't really care for his cars. They were rough!
That's where I was going... I'd expect less because of the abuse.

I don't picture Slash being a responsible owner...

This is amazingly ironic and humorous, when compared to previous discussions about the typical Aston Martin owner.

I recall a discussion here about the typical Ferrari and Lamborghini owner as well...

Something about class......

Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Actually slash is a big Aston Martin fan and enthusiast, he bought this Vanquish first then traded it in on a DBS and traded that in on a V12V which he currently still has and he claims to enjoy best.

I honestly would not be detered to buy this car if I were in the market for a pre gaydon Vanquish.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
Actually slash is a big Aston Martin fan and enthusiast, he bought this Vanquish first then traded it in on a DBS and traded that in on a V12V which he currently still has and he claims to enjoy best.
Yeah, that was my impression too from his appearance on Top Gear. Still, I wouldn't pay up for a car just because he or another famous person owned it.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I honestly would not be detered to buy this car if I were in the market for a pre gaydon Vanquish.
I'd want to put my eyes/hands on it first...... check it out thoroughly! Just b/c he's an enthusiast doesn't necessarily mean he takes care of his cars.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:53 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !