Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by programmatore
I took more pics of the Forgeline GT1 5 lug one-piece forged monoblock wheels on my 2019 Vantage.

I think the rear can be lowered another 15mm but I'm worried about lowering the front because the wider tires might rub.

Do the 315/35/20 rear tires make my butt look big?

I think Forgeline got the offset spot on -- the wheels now sit flush with the fenders, giving the Vantage a more aggressive stance,
I think I haven't seen a sports car with that much sidewall since the 80's.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Matt Barnes is infamous around these parts
I am surprised you didnt go for a 35 profile, going up in width so much but keeping your tyre profile the same. Diameter has increased by 1.5cm and rolling radius by 5cm?

On the other hand they look nice alloys, do you mind sharing a price for them?

Old 09-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Matt Barnes
On the other hand they look nice alloys, do you mind sharing a price for them?
List price on the Forgline GT1 5-Lug in 20" with standard finishes is about $7,400 total.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:47 PM
W126C is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Aston502
Traded my Vantage Roadster in on a Rapide. At 63 I really loved the beauty of the Vantage but certainly appreciate the refinement of the Rapide.
Congrats, nice looking ride. I have to admit I thought about it. Love the long appearance of the Rapide.

Regards,

Old 09-03-2019, 07:50 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Aston502
Traded my Vantage Roadster in on a Rapide. At 63 I really loved the beauty of the Vantage but certainly appreciate the refinement of the Rapide.

It's clear where the extra money goes into a Rapide vs a Vantage.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:07 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I think I haven't seen a sports car with that much sidewall since the 80's.
HAHA! I didn't want the car slammed to the ground so keeping the same aspect ratio fills in the wheel arches pretty well.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:37 AM
FR500GT is infamous around these partsFR500GT is infamous around these parts
Before heading to Aston Martin Newport Beach last weekend

Old 09-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=brightoncorgi;4799066]It's clear where the extra money goes into a Rapide vs a Vantage.[/

At 63 you are still younger than me. I know what you are talking about as I traded our DB11 in on a Bentley Flying Spur. At 71 and most of our friends my age or older they would have a had time getting in or out of the back seat of our Bentley GT. Having six cars and all of them being two doors it was time to make a change. I plan on keeping my Vantage until it is way to hard to get in and out of. Even then I could still enjoy looking at it. I really tried to like the DB11 but when I made the change it was my least favorite.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:42 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Gene,
What was it about the DB11 you didn't like? Why was it least liked in your fleet?

Old 09-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I tried to like the styling but the build quality wasn’t anywhere near what it is on my 2008 Vantage. You can definitely see that it is a mass produced car. Blotchy paint. I know that a heavy metallic paint is hard to paint but at this level of car it should be perfect. To be fair the paint on the Ghost that I had was like that as well. The paint on both of my Bentley’s is perfect. It just didn’t have that special feeling to it. It drove nice and fast and drew quite a bit of attention. It just didn’t do it for me.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:42 PM
vagabundo94 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Supreem_carbon
not really like a exotic vehicle, if the dash panel build into carbon fiber will be more nice. See below photos.

I’m intrigued. Do you have carbon fiber for all of the wood parts of the DB9 interior?

Old 09-06-2019, 08:41 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for sharing, Gene! It's so great you got to experience DB11, get another car, and still have another Aston in your garage. Cheers!

Originally Posted by Gene G
I tried to like the styling but the build quality wasn’t anywhere near what it is on my 2008 Vantage. You can definitely see that it is a mass produced car. Blotchy paint. I know that a heavy metallic paint is hard to paint but at this level of car it should be perfect. To be fair the paint on the Ghost that I had was like that as well. The paint on both of my Bentley’s is perfect. It just didn’t have that special feeling to it. It drove nice and fast and drew quite a bit of attention. It just didn’t do it for me.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:55 PM
Dinomd is infamous around these parts
I wish someone made a poster of this. It would be great in the garage!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Aston Martin carbon steering wheel upgrade

REAL CARBON FIBER STEERING WHEEL UPGRADE
Aston Martin steering wheel is very generic for all most all models from 2006~2017
This real carbon steering wheel can fit many Aston Martin models with control options on both sides (phone control and cruise control)
Give your Aston Martin a Carbon Fiber interior upgrade
contact us: sales@dctms.com

Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PaperBoy

20" AC Forged 3pc wheels, custom coilover suspension .....
Guess I'll be the one to say, Wow, just wow! Someone has badly mistaken an Aston for a ricer. Hope this thing never shows up at an Aston event, what an embarrassment to the marque...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!