Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 08-14-2024, 02:50 PM
Boris!2017
DB9.2

Thanks for the info on that road. It looks like a nice route to either get up towards Flagstaff and go west , or turn east at the top of AZ and them mosey back down through western New Mexico on what looks to be a similar road.
We should start a new thread of great driving roads that are untraveled and suitable to stretch ones legs a bit . I have been making it a habit of late to just get out and drive for three to four days. It is often hard to find great routes where you can make a nice loop and not have to backtrack down the same road twice.

Old 08-14-2024, 03:17 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boris!2017
DB9.2

Thanks for the info on that road. It looks like a nice route to either get up towards Flagstaff and go west , or turn east at the top of AZ and them mosey back down through western New Mexico on what looks to be a similar road.
We should start a new thread of great driving roads that are untraveled and suitable to stretch ones legs a bit . I have been making it a habit of late to just get out and drive for three to four days. It is often hard to find great routes where you can make a nice loop and not have to backtrack down the same road twice.
I lived in that area in NM, AZ, and CO for 30+ years and have driven some incredible roads in that area. Another great one and parallel to 191 and East of it is 550. In fact, you can get from 191 up North as it crosses 70, then 70 East to 550, then south on 550 at Grand Junction. You'll be in some incredible mountain roads and mountain towns, some of which actually close in the winter BC of snow (Silverton and Ouray are closed when they "gate" 550). 550 goes through Durango where you want to stop for REAL mountain river trout at the Ore House. 550 continues on into NM and you can leave it in Farmington if you want to go back to 191.

This is truly God's Country!

Old 08-14-2024, 03:23 PM
Boris!2017
Agree completely on HWY 550. A truly amazing road, but it is a road to respect and not one I would pick for a fast drive. Keep the Colorado roads and routes coming as I am planning a road trip up there early September before the weather turns. I will of course want to include the million dollar highway as part of the loop with a stop in Ouray either for lunch or overnight.

Old 08-14-2024, 03:51 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boris!2017
Agree completely on HWY 550. A truly amazing road, but it is a road to respect and not one I would pick for a fast drive. Keep the Colorado roads and routes coming as I am planning a road trip up there early September before the weather turns. I will of course want to include the million dollar highway as part of the loop with a stop in Ouray either for lunch or overnight.
RESPECT 550...I completely agree! I've had some really great world class GT cars to drive in that area, but summertime! Winter, if the road is open 4WD only.

I had a cliff home at 9,000ft alt. about 30 minutes East of Breckenridge with Mt Evans (a 14er) and Pikes Peak (another 14er) in front and behind me. Any of the mountain roads off of 285 that go West into any of the areas crossing through or alongside the 14ers is amazing! This gets considerably East of the state lines AZ/UT.

Old 08-15-2024, 08:35 PM
AM-DB9.2 is infamous around these parts
Route 191, the Devils highway portion, driven with purpose is what I think as the most challenging and intimidating paved road I have driven and I have driven many roads and some racetracks from Alaska to WA, to CA, and CO. fyi, I stay between the painted lines.

The Devils highway has zero guardrails, no shoulders, and no runoff areas. Most of the sharp curves are marked with a suggested speed sign but not all, and a lot of them are marked at 15-20mph. Of the 460+ turns I would say there are maybe 15± blind outside corners where at the apex there are no shoulders, no berms, no trees, just 18” or less of grassy gravel separating you from 600ft of clear blue skies. This is not an easy-peasy switchback type road which are very predictable.

The day I drove it I had the extra challenge of grazing high country cattle, deer and elk on and around the road.
There are 6 or so nice pull-off areas, for taking a break, along the way. It is a drive I want to do again!

Last edited by AM-DB9.2; 08-15-2024 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2024, 08:05 PM
ram_g
Today I took the DB9 to a car show at my wife’s club, which was a bit of a snoozer until this beautiful DB11 showed up. First time in 9 months of ownership that my car has been parked next to another Aston! Certainly a strong familial resemblance! Had a good time chatting with the owner; don’t think he’s on here, though.

Old 09-25-2024, 07:46 PM
wiseMENofGOTHAM is infamous around these parts
My daily: Aston Martin DB11 V12 in Morning Frost White over Chancellor Red interior

Old 09-25-2024, 07:57 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Nice, do you have ADA pedal extensions?