Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2011 xkr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Rotes: get rid of that Avatar...don't want some skank's *** in my face every time I visit this forum.
Easy Tiger!,
Rotes keeps us all lovin it! You should have seen is multinational rear end view!

Anyway, one of the truths in car culture is that the best looking cars have hips on them just like a nice "skank's a$$"

FF

Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Evoking
Perhaps you are saying this due to the color? Would do in black...
Hi Evoking,
They are simply too one dimensional, too "origami"in their form, never mind the colour. The overly simple, outdated, dish effect robs the car of presence and make the car look dormant or static. Yes, dish effect is needed to imply power and plant the car on the road, but modern wheel design has moved so far beyond the simple dish, to create a more dynamic and powerful look, that these ATFs are painful to look at - even on this Fezza. The ACE wheels that Doctor C now has on his Vantage (see bump) are a much more contemporary interpretation of the multi-spoke look.

FF

Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Now I'm trying to decide between these three wheels. I'm counting on my Aston Brethren to weigh in with impeccable taste and vision - hey you drive Astons after all! Do I go with the dark, sporty and mysterious Ace Mica Gray Mesh 7. Or the Hypersilver Convex. Or the concave 10 spoke look of the Koko Koutoure.

Here is how I summarize them:

Mesh
Seems more aggressive and subtle. No I would not do the red stripe.
Brake caliper will contrast the dark more. But may be a bit less visible than Convex.
Gray will provide more texture than typical black which can get completely lost
More of a motorsports look. But mesh is also known to be classy

Convex
More noticeable and jewelry like with machined and silver finish
More movement when they rotate because each spoke is more pronounced instead of being a weave. Especially at low speeds

Koko Koutoure Lindos
Has a concave look

First is my car. Then you have to imagine the two different wheels on it...

Last edited by Evoking; 01-03-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Ya think you might be "over thinking" this one a bit? Any of the three would look great on your car. Make a decision already.

Haven't seen this much toil over a simple decision since my wife had to pick a paint color for the great room..... ....the great room does look really good though!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
No way. Keep thinking it.
I'm quite certain that at least one of those choices will make your car look like crap.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LRDog
Ya think you might be "over thinking" this one a bit? Any of the three would look great on your car. Make a decision already.

Haven't seen this much toil over a simple decision since my wife had to pick a paint color for the great room..... ....the great room does look really good though!

lol which comes first, they figure out Fiscal cliff and make a deal or Evoking gets a deal on wheels for his jag ... either way our taxes go up !

Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
lol which comes first, they figure out Fiscal cliff and make a deal or Evoking gets a deal on wheels for his jag ... either way our taxes go up !
Either way, he gets to write off the sales tax..... or not?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
IbisRider, I just saw your post. You are spot on. However, some gloss like that offered by Ace Convex or even a solid silver painted wheel is fine. I too hate chrome. But a polished or chrome lip often works fine and acts a subtle accent.