Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 vantage demo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 AM
b_gust99 is infamous around these parts
Here are a few pics I took this morning. Looks red in some lights, much more orange in others.

Driving impressions: Haven't stretched its legs at all, but in the cold of winter in Indianapolis, the rear end is a bit squirrely to say the least. The corsa tires are hard as a rock. Can't wait for spring!

Attached Images     
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
and a few more...

Attached Images     
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
mperez225 is infamous around these parts
Absolutely Beautiful! Congrats!
Originally Posted by b_gust99
and a few more...

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
EnataiV12V is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by b_gust99
Didn't realize there was a difference, but yes, the odom is on the right display with the tachometer.
Thanks...car looks great. Interesting on the switch in sides. I assume your digital speedo will be on the left side. Do you also get a digital TPMS readout for tire pressure...my car is number 933 and has the old smart tyre system so no digital readout.

The latest batch of 40 limited additions seem to get a revised display...auto lights and wipers and the digital tpms. Not to mention lots of carbon like yours and black wheels

I am considering trying to order a set of the black wheels and put Pirrelli P Zero tire which is the optional tire for the V12... Better in wet weather which is good in Seattle. Would keep the originals and put them on for the dry summer months

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ wow that's pretty cool never seen that before on a Aston...are these just the demo cars that have the digital speed readout and info display flipped around?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
V12

That is interesting. My 2012 V12 has the normal left side odo readout. It was actually built after the orange car so I will try to find out why the difference. I drove the car at the the Estate event at Pebble this year and it made me decide to get a V12. This is also the car Dr. Bez drove up the coast on the Aston On Tour program we attended. I have several photos of the car from the event. My vin is 1057 what number is the orange car? Very nice unique color combination.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
Almost forgot to mention that my car does not have the digital TPMS system. I inquired with AM and was told they did not install it on the V12 vantages due to the limited run of the cars. It has the old under the glove box lights. Which system is on your car?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Car looks beautiful! You may not enjoy the Corsas now, but you'll love them when the weather warms up. Unbelievable grip.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Viper1
That is interesting. My 2012 V12 has the normal left side odo readout. It was actually built after the orange car so I will try to find out why the difference. I drove the car at the the Estate event at Pebble this year and it made me decide to get a V12. This is also the car Dr. Bez drove up the coast on the Aston On Tour program we attended. I have several photos of the car from the event. My vin is 1057 what number is the orange car? Very nice unique color combination.
I assume you were nice to my car . There is another one out in Newport beach so not sure if you drove mine. The VIN is 0982. Do you know if that is the number of production? My impression was they were well over the forecasted thousand mark. It appears that mine does have the TPMS according to the manual. I can't take the car out now due to this white fluffy material covering the roads, but as I scroll through the menu in the garage I didn't find a readout of the tire pressures. Perhaps the tires need to be warmed up? Only gives a reading when pressure is abnormal?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 AM
DoctorWill is infamous around these parts
My odometer is on the left and last four of serial numbers are 0911. Does that mean it was #911 of production? There was a recall on the TPMS so you can check with the dealer to see your V12V needs it.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 AM
I think the manual references the digital readout even though it is not there. You can look under the glove compartment and see if you have the smart tyre box....if so...likely no digital readout. The last numbers of the VIN are in fact the manufacturing sequence. I believe the newest batch of 40 limited edition cars have climbed over the 1200 mark for production. The new displays on these cars have the outside temp on them.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
jonby is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EnataiV12V
I think the manual references the digital readout even though it is not there. You can look under the glove compartment and see if you have the smart tyre box....if so...likely no digital readout. The last numbers of the VIN are in fact the manufacturing sequence. I believe the newest batch of 40 limited edition cars have climbed over the 1200 mark for production. The new displays on these cars have the outside temp on them.
correct - the latest v12 vantages, even the roadsters, still have the box slung below the dash re the tyre pressures & no in-display tyre pressure readings, however the manual (the latest v12 coupe manual has been updated with some additional info/changes re: the roadsters and therefore the same manual is used with both cars) suggests that the tyre pressure digital readout is operable

when I visited the factory a few weeks ago to see my v12vr on the line, I spoke directly to the technician who was fitting the tyre sensors to mine whilst I watched - he confirmed that no v12 vantages ever have the newer system, which is fitted to the v8 vantages as standard

Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by jonby
correct - the latest v12 vantages, even the roadsters, still have the box slung below the dash re the tyre pressures & no in-display tyre pressure readings, however the manual (the latest v12 coupe manual has been updated with some additional info/changes re: the roadsters and therefore the same manual is used with both cars) suggests that the tyre pressure digital readout is operable

when I visited the factory a few weeks ago to see my v12vr on the line, I spoke directly to the technician who was fitting the tyre sensors to mine whilst I watched - he confirmed that no v12 vantages ever have the newer system, which is fitted to the v8 vantages as standard
Congrats on the new roadster....we can't get those on this side of the pond. Does the new roadster come with the new display....including the outside temp guage. just curious

Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
jonby is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EnataiV12V
Congrats on the new roadster....we can't get those on this side of the pond. Does the new roadster come with the new display....including the outside temp guage. just curious

Thanks ! Am a very happy bunny ......... jsut need the snow to stop so I can use it !

I hadn;t actually noticed whether the display has changed over since my V8 - the digital speed readout is on the left and I think the analogue speedometer is too, meaning the analogue rev dial & the trip computer display are on the right - I'll double check when I'm next in the car

I hadn;t noticed where the outside temp display is so I'll check that too

Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^One of the changes that Aston was going to make (based on all our griping) was to ensure the trip computer, messages and alerts did not knock out the digital speedo. This was done for the Vanq II. Are you saying this is also the case in your car?

Would be nice if this fix could be done to older cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12 vantage demo