Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New to forums, buying an AM V8V and have a couple questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 AM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! You are going to love it! I've had mine for about 6 months and always gaze at it for a few minutes before I get in, turn the ignition, push the button, hear the roar, turn the sound system on, put my seatbelt on, and start the adventure! Be ready to fall in love

Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 AM
PhoenixRising is infamous around these parts
Will do. And good luck on your deal as well!

Old 07-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Phoenix... What color combo is yours?

Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by astongirl
Phoenix... What color combo is yours?
I got the Berwick Bronze exterior. The interior is cream leather with brown inserts and dash. The previous owner also upgraded the taillights to clear which I really appreciate.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
I got the Berwick Bronze exterior. The interior is cream leather with brown inserts and dash. The previous owner also upgraded the taillights to clear which I really appreciate.
Sounds gorgeous and quite unique! Mine is tempest blue with sahara tan interior. I changed the tailights to clear as well.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Nice!!

Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Well I got my Vantage. It's in the garage and it's beautiful! I do have a question though. It's the SportShift. When I first get in the car and drive it's fine. But after a couple signal lights where I have to come to a complete stop I notice that starting off again doesn't happen right. I give it gas and the engine revs up, but it doesn't engage the clutch fully. It feels like it's trying over and over to get it locked in while the car slowly inches forward building momentum. Then after about 5-7 seconds it engages and all is perfect. Shifts are very strong. I put it in 4th going slow and floored it to see if it would show slippage, but it was rock solid. Any ideas what this might be?

I'm going to also be taking it in this week to the shop to get all my questions answered, but this would really make me feel better if anyone else has experienced this.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:17 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
I did do the learn function. It was quite audible when it clicked once, but on attempting to perform it at other times it wasn't so obvious. But at least once I got a definite 'click' and felt it when it completed it. I'll try to do it more and make sure I get the hang of it.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT - I re-did the clutch learn over and over in the garage and it's behaving perfectly now. It is SOLID.. I thought I knew what clicking sound to listen for, but now I think I've figured it out. The car is driving like a true racecar now, and I could NOT be happier! Thanks!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 07-14-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: re-did the clutch learn
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Glad that's worked out for you
I love the ASM2 in mine
I found on ASM1 a lift just before you change, never use D or C mode and avoiding reversing up hill will all help!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Never use D mode? I can see never using C mode as it allows more wear to occur, but with D mode you can ease up on the throttle to allow the shifts to take place just when you want too. It was very intuitive once someone mentioned it.

What does using the D mode hurt more than just the paddles?