Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I originally bought some 100% CF caps, but was not happy with fitment (I didn't want to use double sided tape).

Much prefer the OEM shells overlaid with real CF since they fit exactly as they are supposed to. I like 100% CF, but in some cases it is not really practical unless they have the exact fitment tabs/mounting points etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=Racer_X;3777838]Racer X doesn't do fake carbon fiber!

Wait a minute! Unless you are replacing the WHOLE MIRROR with a Carbon Fiber one, then a C/F shell is just a fake over the regular mirror...so what you're really telling me is you want a better stick-on fake than the film.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
So the shell just overlaps the existing mirror shell???

Regardless, I still would want my carbon fiber to be real carbon fiber instead of tape that just looks like carbon fiber. I also wouldn't wear a fake Rolex, buy my girl fake gold jewelry, etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM
EnataiV12V is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer_X

Regardless, I still would want my carbon fiber to be real carbon fiber instead of tape that just looks like carbon fiber. I also wouldn't wear a fake Rolex, buy my girl fake gold jewelry, etc.
The OEM CF mirror caps replace the painted piece. They do not attach to it

Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Have you purchased from these guys? I'm mainly wondering about quality of the weave. Aston offers shells for $1,500 and various aftermarket providers, including MA, offer them for around half the price. Although I like saving money, I don't want to end up with something that looks aftermarket.
The last set I did a month ago were $1500 a piece, so $3000 for the set from factory AM parts. Like to know who told you that. Each side has a different part number.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I also wouldn't wear a fake Rolex, buy my girl fake gold jewelry, etc.
Yes, but would you wear a fake mullet for halloween?? I would

Duane, how bout you?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute

An OEM plastic shell (or whatever it's made from) is overlaid with real CF and then high gloss finished like all the other external CF stuff from the factory. You then remove the OEM caps from you mirrors and replace with the laminated CF caps.

You can spend a lot for 100% CF or go with CF laminated to the OEM shell. Either way, they look and fit the same (if you go factory CF, if you go aftermarket CF...my experience was that the fit was not real good).

Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AMFixer
The last set I did a month ago were $1500 a piece, so $3000 for the set from factory AM parts. Like to know who told you that.
Oops, I thought were $1,500 for the pair. Wow, $3k for two covers? That's a lot, even for AM!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
An OEM plastic shell (or whatever it's made from) is overlaid with real CF and then high gloss finished like all the other external CF stuff from the factory. You then remove the OEM caps from you mirrors and replace with the laminated CF caps.
Okay, good to know. I definitely won't won't be going with OEM CF in view of their price.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:56 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Oops, I thought were $1,500 for the pair. Wow, $3k for two covers? That's a lot, even for AM!
Hey Racer-X, that 3M DiNoc Film is looking pretty good now for Twenty Bucks, eh?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I think the DoNoc looks like a vinyl decal and feels like it, the only good thing is that you can remove it and return back to stock when you sell or trade in the car should you choose to do so.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:01 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Hmm. Faux CF vinyl film may look good on a $25k JDM car. On a $200k Aston Martin, not so much.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Okay, good to know. I definitely won't won't be going with OEM CF in view of their price.
Looks like a perfect match to me...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CF mirror.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	216221  
Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Former Vendor
Robson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud of

Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Wow. He must workout.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers