Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Wth?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Wth?
Are you in Italy now ?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Yup, on the beach in Positano having dinner. Such a beautiful place.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! There is a small, family owned Restaurant in the mountains above Postiano about as high up as you can go and still be on the road. It's 100 % vegetarian and the views are amazing. Its fixed menu, and they keep bringing you food and wine until you can't eat anymore for about $ 20 per person. All their stock is grown on premise, they truck nothing in. Probably the best Italian food I've ever had. Worth the trip up the mountain, for sure. Here it is:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Campania.html

Until I went to Postiano, I didn't know such a beautiful place existed on earth. Its stunning.

Last edited by drcollie; 05-16-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:48 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ wow looks wonderful.....look at you guys going all fancy n whatnot travelin to Pozitano! Must be nice

Duane there was a dish on the pics which was a plate of grilled meats!!! Looks like they are no longer vegitatian...LUCKY for us...mmm grilled meat!

Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks Doc C. Looks like a perfect place for tomorrow night!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a few photos from when we were at the restaurant last August....(quite a thread hijack from mirror covers, eh?) Sunir, put this on your bucket list of things to do...<g>

The Almalfi Coast made me fall in love with Italy. Can't wait to go back.

Attached Images     

Last edited by drcollie; 05-16-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 AM
No problem on the hijack, it's my thread after all.

Wow, that's a great view. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be there tonight.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
And aren't you wishing you had the Aston there as you cruise through the twisties around Positano?? I spent a week in that region as part of a longer trip through Italy a few years back. Amalfi is a special place.

I highly recommend a trip out to Capri if you haven't done it yet (sorry haven't read through the whole thread). Rent yourself a boat and cruise around the island for a day. Lots of coves and beaches you can anchor in and go swimming, or just right off the deck in open water ... not sure what the temps are at the moment though, maybe a little chilly for swimming ... but the views around Capri on and off the water are also stunning.

If they warn you about high winds on the north end of the island though (uusually resulting in the Blue Grotto being closed), don't ignore them and take your boat around anyway ... just sayin

Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I do and I don't wish I had the Aston here. The twisties would be tons of fun but the Italian drivers are crazy! Everyone in this country, including pedestrians, always assumes they have the right of way. Their M.O. is to just go and hope the other guy will stop. Nuts! That said, it has been fun to drive the twisty roads even in our crappy little Lancia. The roads remind me a lot of the corniches of the Riviera.

No time for Capri this time. Tomorrow we head for Rome. Then it will be on to Florence and to the Lamborghini and Ferrari factories thereafter.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ you don't want an Aston or any big car in those tiny italian cities, a fiat 500 Abarth would be PERFECT!

Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM
That or a track-prepped MX-5.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I had 5 people with me ... leased a brand new 3 L turbo diesel Renault Espace ... that thing cornered like it was on rails ... cruised about 170-180 easily on the Aurostrade ... I put 5000 km on it in 5 weeks. I _loved_ driving in Italy ...

I learned a few simple truths
  • Driving in Italy is simple
  • If you understand the laws of physics, you know the rules of the road
  • If you have momentum and direction, you have right of way
  • In the event of uncertainty as to who has right of way, refer to the previous rule
  • If you hesitate, you will f**k everything up ... seriously just let someone else drive
  • When changing lanes, anywhere, in either direction, move methodically and deliberately, otherwise you will kill the 5 Vespa riders traveling in your blindspot

Simple

Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor
Robson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud of
wrong post sorry

Attached Images  

Last edited by Robson-Design; 05-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
I had 5 people with me ... leased a brand new 3 L turbo diesel Renault Espace ... that thing cornered like it was on rails ... cruised about 170-180 easily on the Aurostrade ... I put 5000 km on it in 5 weeks. I _loved_ driving in Italy ...

I learned a few simple truths
  • Driving in Italy is simple
  • If you understand the laws of physics, you know the rules of the road
  • If you have momentum and direction, you have right of way
  • In the event of uncertainty as to who has right of way, refer to the previous rule
  • If you hesitate, you will f**k everything up ... seriously just let someone else drive
  • When changing lanes, anywhere, in either direction, move methodically and deliberately, otherwise you will kill the 5 Vespa riders traveling in your blindspot

Simple
I've noticed much of that, but many don't adhere to these rules. For instance, at least here in the south, many blow through stops signs when entering the road without even looking to see if there is oncoming traffic. In fact, many treat the traffic signs and lights as more of a suggestion than a requirement. It's an "I'm a-gonna go and I a-hope they're a-gonna estop" approach. Also, many have no problem passing multiple cars around a blind curve while driving in the opposite lane and other insane tactics. So, it seems like they aren't following any rules at all. There's a reason nearly every car you see here is scratched or dented!

Anyway, I've already adapted to the brave and bold style of driving and I'm having fun. Still don't want to drive my car here though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers