Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:10 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^Glad you're having fun on your trip. One thing to look out for is that, once you get accustomed to driving aggressively in another country, you have to make a conscious effort to drive "normally" when you get back home. Otherwise you find yourself running other people off the road. I speak from experience. :-)

BTW: Did you have to do anything special to arrange the Ferrari and Lambo factory tours? I know that Aston usually requires you to be a customer and you book it through your dealer. My better half an I are interested in doing a European car factory tour.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Good advice KF. If I drive like I do here at home I'd **** a lot of people off!

No factory tour for us this time. Both Ferrari and Lamborghini require you to be an owner. Apparently you must supply a VIN. Not sure what they do with that info. No matter anyway though because we simply don't have the time. We'll visit both factories the same day on our way from Florence to Portofino.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ So you'll visit the factory, but not do a tour? What is there to do then?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
They each have a museum open to the general public. The factory tours are separate.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I've noticed much of that, but many don't adhere to these rules. For instance, at least here in the south, many blow through stops signs when entering the road without even looking to see if there is oncoming traffic. In fact, many treat the traffic signs and lights as more of a suggestion than a requirement. It's an "I'm a-gonna go and I a-hope they're a-gonna estop" approach. Also, many have no problem passing multiple cars around a blind curve while driving in the opposite lane and other insane tactics. So, it seems like they aren't following any rules at all. There's a reason nearly every car you see here is scratched or dented!

Anyway, I've already adapted to the brave and bold style of driving and I'm having fun. Still don't want to drive my car here though!

Notice that I did not put anything in the 'rules' about traffic signs, speed limits, common sense, common decency, concerns for your fellow man (well except for the Vespa riders but they can come for you if you **** them off so that's just as much about self preservation), nor concerns for the exterior condition of your vehicle?

Momentum and a vector ... it's all that matters ... and when I was there, driving what was relatively speaking an enormous car ... that gave me a clear edge in the momentum dept which helped keep people mostly out of my way.

Oh and I learned two other things there ... Even if someone is driving relatively slowly in the left lane of an Autostrada, they get very upset if you pull (safely) into a right hand lane to pass (a manoeuvre that many of us North Americans are unfortunately all too familiar with due to the general cluelessness of drivers over here).

The other thing I learned is that no one with an Eastern European license plate will pull out of the left lane to let you by ... ever.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Well, since this has sort of become my de facto Italy thread, just wanted to report that a V8V passed right in front of us today in Rome. I was really surprised to see it here, I guess b/c I assumed it'd be more likely to see some Italian exotica.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
"without even looking " And you've just identified the key to determining who has the right-of-way in Italy. If you look, the other driver knows that you see him. So "don't look" or you just lost your right-of-way.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
"without even looking " And you've just identified the key to determining who has the right-of-way in Italy. If you look, the other driver knows that you see him. So "don't look" or you just lost your right-of-way.
One of my petrol-head buddies from my Haymarket days lived in Italy for a while, big car and bike guy. He once told me, in Italy you only pay attention to what is happening in front of you when you're driving. Behind or to the sides is someone else's problem.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
My introduction to Italian driving was my cab driver on our first trip there. He was clearly frustrated by a traffic jam. His solution was to turn onto and drive on the train tracks approximately 1/4 mile, to the next Main Street, where he pulled onto a clear road, and proceeded to our hotel. He never said a word, and acted as though it was a normal solution to the problem

Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor
Robson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud of
WE ARE ROBSON DESIGN , Customized Carbon Fiber, PLZ DROP OUR WEBSITE TO TAKE A LOOK OUR PRODUCTS
WWW.ROBSON-DESIGN.COM
THANKS ALL!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor
Robson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud ofRobson-Design has much to be proud of
wrong post sorry

Last edited by Robson-Design; 05-23-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ thanks for the vid...so you coat existing parts with CF weave, then laminate, resin, wetsand and polish...but it's the same factory part underneath? So this is for strictly appearance purposes, correct?

Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 AM
Former Vendor
cosmetic enhancement after completion fitment /size will be the same as original size)

Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
macksamus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jarod
Depending on your model year, Volvo mirror caps are used on the AM Vantage. For my V8V MY 2008 I ordered the following ones:

http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbon-fiber-mirror-caps-s60-v70-s80/

Its full carbon, quality is flawless, though I do not have them mounted yet, thus I cannot say anything about the fitting accuracy.

Jarod
Jarod - did get these mounted yet? if so, how was the fit? i'm assuming you ordered the Type II?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by macksamus
Jarod - did get these mounted yet? if so, how was the fit? i'm assuming you ordered the Type II?
Yes, I did get them mounted. Easy fit, though they need to be clued using silicon or 3M tape. Removing the old ones was the most difficult part.

And yes, they are type II.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_14612.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	252261  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Side Mirror Covers