Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2006 DB9, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM
jmargolese is infamous around these partsjmargolese is infamous around these parts
2006 DB9, thoughts?

A friend of mine is considering the following 06 DB9 volante. Any gotchas or thoughts on the car or the price. I recommended an inspection at the local dealer and pulling the maintenance records. Anything else?

http://www.ecarlink.com/web/vehicle_photos/6590622/

Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 PM
4pipes is infamous around these parts4pipes is infamous around these parts
Looks real nice. I liked the detail of showing if there was scraping damage in the front. The person is obviously proud of the shape it's in.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Looks clean! I prefer to buy cars from the owners instead of a dealer though. Does the dealer have the service records? The car is sitting on the original rubber it appears. Make sure the Sat Nav goes up and down properly and that the oil dipstick recall has been done. There is a part number on the dipstick that will tell us if its been done.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Very well prepared
That's a very early car
Old style seats with no memory on them
Oil dipstick recall is a must!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Some people prefer the "old style seats", to each there own. Did I mention I love the color combo as well? Good luck with it and get it inspected.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
I bought an '06 coupe about 18 months ago with 11K miles on it. It's been very good in all the important ways. But. I replaced the original tires with with tread left but cracking, and new brake pads all around at about 18K miles. I had some leather shrinkage on the dash ($700 to fix), and I've got some of the dreaded paint bubbles on both front fenders (new fenders on order & a date at the paint shop).

Even so, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. The engine is strong, it shifts crisply, never burns a drop of oil between services, and it brings a smile to my face every time I hit the start button (which is nearly every day). Turns heads wherever I go.

Check to make sure the transmission cooler plumbing has been upgraded (a $2K fix) and all other service items have been dealt with (especially imploding rear window). New dipstick part# 4G4E-6750-AC. I don't really miss memory seats, rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirrors, steering wheel audio controls --12 cylinder orchestra overwhelms everything anyway.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Benjamin09 is infamous around these parts
Just got my '05 DB9 out of storage last night. Love it (almost as much as the dog). It is rock solid, engine is great, only thing I've had to do is to continue to give it love and regular maintenance. Would buy it again with no hesitation.

Only thing I have been toying with is to wrap it.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Check the dipstick upgrade has been done, should be on our service history records/docs...also you can find a sticker confirming this on the car door as you open it on the inside there.

Yvr what are the fender paint bubbling thing you are talking about?? sounds aweful

Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
Yvr what are the fender paint bubbling thing you are talking about?? sounds aweful
Well known issue with factory paint prep on DB7s and early Gaydon cars. Sometimes happens around door handles or around the windshield. On the composite material front fenders it's sort of like solvent pop on Corvettes and Lotuses. Lots of stories and photos on PH and amoc.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ wow that's horrific !!! Sorry to hear that buddy...got a pic?

Why do you have to replace entire fenders, why not just refinish and repaint them if it's just a case of the paint bubbling up?