Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Paint chip repair recommendation needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 11:59 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
The key to the DIY chip repair, especially on metallic is thin layers to get just the color under the remaining paint. Then slightly over full with clear and fine sand [2000 -3000 grit), buff.

Tricolors are much harder

Old 09-01-2023, 11:08 AM
REDFOX16 is infamous around these parts
Oh, I can feel your frustration with that chip on your Aston's hood! While I can't provide a specific recommendation for paint chip repair in Florida, I had a fantastic experience with "A Chick In a Windshield" for windshield chip repair in Colorado Springs. They specialize in high-quality repairs and might have insights or referrals for expert paint chip repair, even if it's not in Colorado Springs. It's worth reaching out to them or checking their website to see if they can point you in the right direction. Here's their location: Windshield Chip Repair Colorado Springs. Best of luck getting your Aston looking pristine again! 🚗😊

Old 09-06-2023, 06:36 PM
porkchopious is infamous around these parts
Dude, I feel your pain. I live in Northern Virginia and they have been repairing/repaving the main interstate here for the last few years. There are dump trucks and gravel trucks on all the roads all the time and the roads are strewn with rocks and pebbles! I've had to replace three windshields on different cars over the last few years! I take the back roads with my baby, and so far, so good.

Old 09-06-2023, 06:44 PM
porkchopious is infamous around these parts
Dude, I feel your pain. I live in Northern Virginia and they have been repairing/repaving the main interstate here for the last few years. There are dump trucks and gravel trucks on all the roads all the time and the roads are strewn with rocks and pebbles! I've had to replace three windshields on different cars over the last few years! I take the back roads with my baby, and so far, so good.

Old 09-08-2023, 03:14 PM
Import is infamous around these parts
They are re chipping our road as I type…guess I’m going to have to be super careful next few….but yay…new surface..lol