Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

High Quality Dash Mat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 PM
DonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really nice
High Quality Dash Mat

Has anyone here found a vendor who can supply a nice fitting, high end dash protector? Dashmat limited is tops but they don't offer many colors.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
kba
kba is infamous around these parts
Are you talking about this stuff?
http://www.dashmat.com/products/dashmat.html
If so please don't cover up your pretty leather with carpet.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ This.

Dash mats are tacky and have no place on an Aston, IMO.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Aston502 is infamous around these parts
High quality and dash mat are mutually exclusive terms. Try a window screen if you park in the sun.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
^^^What he said.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 AM
DonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really nice
ouch.....point taken

Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I had a dash mat once on my truck, was an awesome Cummins Diesel 2500HD longbed I had modded for hauling my race rig around with my race car...Dash mat was perfect for the tow rig...I think a dash mat could work on an Aston it would have to be suede or something and be custom fitted, stitched with the same coarse deviated thread, and tightly contoured w the shape so as to be seemless.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM
exactly......I have a real nice one on my Dodge Challenger that lies flat and looks great. I was actually looking for a suede or leather piece for the Aston. Hence the term, high quality.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Yes, but wouldn't that be the same as covering your furniture in a "high quality" plastic? I compare this to those awful car bras we all had in the 80s—cover your car with something ugly in order to protect it, but you never get to see or enjoy the beautiful car beneath. What's the point, then? Preserve it so the next owner will enjoy the nice, new-looking car?

As suggested, if you are concerned about sun damage, invest in a good windshield sun guard.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:04 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Dash matt can lead to dash Mullett!! think about a **** carpet cover for the waterfall area only for our Astons! Now that would be a dash mullett!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 03:29 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Here's the windshield screen I got. Custom made for Make, model and year of your car. It fits perfectly and covers the windshield 100%. https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

Old 05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
My challenger has a bra, too. I believe in protection.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Breezman is infamous around these partsBreezman is infamous around these parts
I had my windshield done with Huper optik for that reason.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Breezman
I had my windshield done with Huper optik for that reason.
I have the windshields done on all my cars...some using Air Blue 80 - F1 Ceramic, others with either a 50% or the Aston which has darker. All use a premium Ceramic tint.

THis said....I still want a DASH MULLETT!!!! !!!!