Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Odd question about V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Odd question about V8 Vantage

Hi again!

Today I test drove an 07 Vantage. Fooling around with the trunk, I realized that with the partition down, it might be able to fit *gasp* a set of skis (or two?) by fitting them diagonally across the "pass through" when the partition is down.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone with a Vantage try and take photos? The dealer couldn't say and I didn't have my skis with me. I'd be awesome if I can just drive this car to the mountain!

Yeah I know it's kinda crazy but I figure if they fit I could put a few towels around and haul them.

Btw, amazing car. I will probably test drive an 09.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bleen
Hi again!

Today I test drove an 07 Vantage. Fooling around with the trunk, I realized that with the partition down, it might be able to fit *gasp* a set of skis (or two?) by fitting them diagonally across the "pass through" when the partition is down.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone with a Vantage try and take photos? The dealer couldn't say and I didn't have my skis with me. I'd be awesome if I can just drive this car to the mountain!

Yeah I know it's kinda crazy but I figure if they fit I could put a few towels around and haul them.

Btw, amazing car. I will probably test drive an 09.
Not sure what you mean by putting the partition down, the barrier between the seats and the boot (trunk) is solid on mine. The only things that can be adjusted is removing the cover.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MichaelD
Not sure what you mean by putting the partition down, the barrier between the seats and the boot (trunk) is solid on mine. The only things that can be adjusted is removing the cover.
Yes, I'm talking about this cover...

Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
I'm not sure how the angles would work there ... if you put the tails of the skis into the trunk then I suspect the tips would hit the roof. If you don't then it's just like having the partition in it's normal position and the skis are going to stick all the way to the dash ... not great/feasible either way IMO. I love that my Vantage will take one golf bag easily, two if you are careful. Skis? Dunno, although they are apparently quite drivable in winter with the right tires, I wouldn't want to expose mine to the salt and slush.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
well I wont be putting anything in mine that cannot fit in the front seat.....for that we down here have other transport

Old 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Malibu101481 is infamous around these parts
I may have done this in my car, however it was with a floor lamp, it fit alright. Just be sure to lay a towel down on any leather. I may have scuffed mine pretty good which may have resulted in various loud curse words coming out of my mouth in a child filled residential area and, a hell of a funny story for a craigslist seller.