Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:13 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys for all the great comments!!! For those that commented about not seeing the car any longer here and they will miss seeing the pics.... Me too! That color got more positive comments than any other car I've ever owned. In the end, I really wanted an open top car (Doc, I really loved your ^^ comment!). It all started with trying to trade my DB9 for the red volante pictured below my old DB9 pictured in this ad:

For the record, if you read the ads, it says the car just had its first oil change. That is an error as the one in May 2013 was the cars 3rd while I owned it..... Hurts them selling it to be that inaccurate.

While I've been mostly satisfied with St Louis Motorsports, I'm extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the detail they did on the car..... Today, I'm wasting a Saturday doing a clay bar, polish and wax that I shouldn't have to do on a brand new car..... There were swirl marks from a buffer on the hood and numbers imperfections in the finish all over the car....

I'll post more pics tomorrow after Cars and Cappuccino.

Thanks again guys!

Attached Images   

Last edited by LRDog; 06-15-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:41 AM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
The swirl marks and detailing job was just horrible on my V12V as well!
I spent close to 8 hrs. getting all of the marks buffed out.
When a person spends six figures on a car, the detailing should be impeccable. The paint on my viper was absolutely perfect, flat, and swirl free. Heck, my GMC denali HD had a better detail job.
AM needs to have some of their dealer network go back to detail school.
Done ranting
and once again; beautiful choice!!!!

Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^I've had the same sort of experience.

From Cars and Cappuccino this morning...

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Mark8V8 is infamous around these partsMark8V8 is infamous around these parts
Good to see you again today....to the guy who got me into the AM brand, after seeing your Winchester Blue DB9. Your new car looks great! I am enjoying my new Vantage. Hope to see you soon!

Mark

Old 06-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Hey Mark, you're welcome! ....anything I can do to help out another car guy!

Was great seeing you and your wife yesterday. I enjoyed hangin with you guys.

Love ur Vantage too!

You go to C&C @ NC Music Factory? July 6th.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:11 AM
pic taken by Robin Thompson:

Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Thumbs up

Congratulations your car looks absolutely stunning

Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Mark8V8 is infamous around these partsMark8V8 is infamous around these parts
If I am in town I will be there. Nice pic by Robin!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM
finding the best angle to photograph the Virage.....

Like this one:

Test drive today after disconnecting the vacuum lines for the exhaust valves. Sounds MUCH better!

Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Stunning! I'll miss seeing Winchester Blue too, but there's nothing like Onyx -- it's amazing (my V8V is Onyx ).

Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Looks great, sits really nice on those rims. I do hope that you got an umbrella with this one.....

Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
^^^

I did and also got the ever elusive battery conditioner too!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Painted the cover between the intakes (still have to clean off or paint the letters/numbers - haven't decided which?):

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Looks beautiful! Jealous!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
turboti is infamous around these parts
Elusive Umbrella!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante