Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Sir_Ferrari is infamous around these parts
Congratulation! Your car looks great! To bad, that your Virage hasn't the same color combination (or a similar) as your old DB9, which completly meet my taste!

Old 06-28-2013, 04:09 AM
rscultho is infamous around these parts
Congratulations!

I have owned Jags up until now, but I will be looking to get a newer style Vanquish in a couple years.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys for all the great comments!

Update:

Installing my H&R springs. Started yesterday and must report that the fronts are kickin my ****!!!!! Had to put the spring compressor on to get the stock coilovers out of the car..... Even with the shorter H&Rs, the fronts are extremely difficult to get back in the car. Took my 4 hours plus to do the right side yesterday and ~1.5 hours to do the right rear. Spent the rest of the day ~5 hours working on the left front. It's STILL not in the car...... Having a lot of trouble lining up the bottom mounting point on the coilover to the lower A-arm. This is beatin the crap out of me too! My hands and arms are cut up and scraped! I should also add that it took my less than 8 hours to take the H&Rs out of the DB9 and reinstall the stock springs.....

What's worse, the HREs do NOT fit on the rear!!!! I will need to buy spacers to mount them as they hit the rear caliper. Fronts are good but could also use a spacer to push them out a bit.....

Here are some pics from yesterday:

Right front installed:

Right rear installed:

Bolt on spacers will work on HREs, stock wheels have same sort of recessed areas too:

Stock springs vs. H&Rs:

Attached Images     

Last edited by LRDog; 07-05-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Red springs and calipers look good

Old 07-05-2013, 10:49 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^Agreed! Too bad you will not be able to see the springs...

Front coilover in!!!! It's amazing what a fresh outlook makes!

Old 07-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Job completed....

The culprit of my consternation.....

Rear springs:

Rear coilover b/f install:

Now, I need to have in aligned and find a spacer solution..... H&R bolt on 23mm to wide and I really do not want to start replacing wheel studs!

Attached Images    
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Love the red springs and calipers! I'm tempted to change my calipers to red...

Last edited by astongirl; 07-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Would look great on your car too!

Pic of the car after a bath:

Attached Images  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Spic n Span gorgeous!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:55 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
NIIIICE!!!

how are those springs on your car? i LOVE the H&R's on my V8V

Old 07-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks guy and gal...

Love the H&Rs! Ride is better than in the DB9, prolly b/c the DB9 had the sport package and the dampers were setup stiffer? When I hit the adjustable suspension button in the Virage it rides like the DB9 did.... Glad I put them on the car.

Here's from Cars and Coffee this morning Just as it started to sprinkle!!! Damn rain, it's been raining here every frickin day for what seems like weeks!!!! Enough already!:

This was also there this morning. Absolutely beautiful machine but, I could not drive something like this even IF I could afford it. For one, I too tall but more importantly, it's too in your face.

Attached Images   
Old 07-06-2013, 09:14 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Tough installs are never any fun....yuck! Usually you get frustrated and tired and then its best to walk away from it and come back tomorrow. Little light bulbs will go off in your head in the middle of the night telling you to approach it differently! And as the ace in the hole, ping Irish here on the list - he has all the tech tricks up his sleeve.

How did the car ride afterwards? I'm curious!

Old 07-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by drcollie
Tough installs are never any fun....yuck! Usually you get frustrated and tired and then its best to walk away from it and come back tomorrow. Little light bulbs will go off in your head in the middle of the night telling you to approach it differently! And as the ace in the hole, ping Irish here on the list - he has all the tech tricks up his sleeve.

How did the car ride afterwards? I'm curious!
Thanks Duane. You're absolutely correct. What took me 5 hours the day b/f took my 1 hour the next day. My energy was really zapped by the end of day 1.....

Car rides much like it did with the stock springs (still need to get it aligned), perhaps just a touch stiffer? Certainly not what I would call stiff like the DB9 rode. DB9 had the sport package which prolly had stiffer dampers? When I hit the adjustable suspension button in the Virage, it rides much like DB9 did but, still not as stiff. I like the ride a lot with the springs.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Getting the car on Day 1

LRDog:

I was looking through your earlier posts on this thread when you first received your car, and I couldn't help but remember the excitement when I first received mine earlier this year. It was also delivered. I waited close to two weeks before receiving it and it seemed like an eternity!

Attached Images   
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
^^^ Fixed pictures for you.

I was looking at a car from these guys.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante