Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:48 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a couple pics from a photog on Saturday morning:

....and this one! Sun was in my eyes....

Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
looking good!

Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
looking good!
+1.

Very nice!

Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Pictures are overprocessed but your car is stunning!

Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I agree Karl. We sold our home last year and the photog who took the pics did the same thing to them. I thought they looked like crap but, the house sold so..... The pic I posted in the post with the Aventador is actually true to life color.

Thanks guys! I think Aston Martins are the most beautiful machines on the road today.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LRDog
Thanks guys! I think Aston Martins are the most beautiful machines on the road today.
Me too!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Update: 16mm bolt on spacers arrived (studs too long, returned to have shorter studs added) and test fit with HREs successful. Stance with H&R springs is perfect. Ordered 15mm bolt on spacers for the front. Hopefully, I will have both sets of spacers early next week....

Fabspeed x-pipe will be here this week.....

Install of spacers and x-pipe next week!

More later!

you can see the studs are a little on the long side....

I haven't checked the offsets on the stock wheels but, they appear to sit in about the same place front/rear as the HREs with spacers!

Attached Images   
Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Mark8V8 is infamous around these partsMark8V8 is infamous around these parts
Fab Pipe

Let me know how your exhaust install works out. BTW, i have a lift at my house if you want to do it here.

I put 360 miles on the Vantage last weekend! Love the car, can't stop once i get going!

Cheers

Mark

Old 08-09-2013, 09:13 AM
^^ hey Mark, I may take you up on that :-). Sure would beat crawling around on the floor..... I'll send you a PM.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 AM
HUGE thank you to Mark!!! Went to Mark's late Friday afternoon and used his lift/tools to install my x-pipe. Was a very easy install.

Fabspeed has a dyno of this x-pipe on a Rapide that shows 30+ bhp and 30 lb-ft. SOP is hard to tell and I didn't dyno b/f install so I cannot verify. I thought it would be louder than it was at startup. Mark and I both commented that it didn't really sound any louder at idle. I may still do a rear muffler replacement......

Pics:

It's a beautiful piece for sure!

These are what got replaced:

Hopefully, this translates into happy workers in Gaydon.....

Attached Images       
Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
From my experience an x-pipe is really only heard under full load, than you will hear the difference. Revving the car in neutral or starting it up is hardly noticeable.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
How much does one of those beauties go for?

Think it will reduce heat into the ****pit w/o the cats? And any thoughts on the possibility of emissions inspection failure because of the cat deletion?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
From my experience an x-pipe is really only heard under full load, than you will hear the difference. Revving the car in neutral or starting it up is hardly noticeable.
Right on. Under load with the revs up, it makes beautiful noises. Burbles and pops on downshifts... Even then though, it doesn't sound appreciably louder.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
How much does one of those beauties go for?

Think it will reduce heat into the ****pit w/o the cats? And any thoughts on the possibility of emissions inspection failure because of the cat deletion?
For the DB9/Virage/Rapide its less then $1k delivered. Shouldn't be a problem with emissions testing since the O2 sensors are upstream from where the secondary cats resided. On my car, the primary cats are part of the exhaust manifolds. Not sure about the Vantage. I know Fabspeed does make an x-pipe for the Vantage.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LRDog
For the DB9/Virage/Rapide its less then $1k delivered. Shouldn't be a problem with emissions testing since the O2 sensors are upstream from where the secondary cats resided. On my car, the primary cats are part of the exhaust manifolds. Not sure about the Vantage. I know Fabspeed does make an x-pipe for the Vantage.
Regardless of the O2 sensor position, you are still deleting cats which obviously will increase emissions. The question is how much? Enough to cause a test failure? I'd sure like to know before springing for this pipe and installing it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante