Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:20 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
I've not had a problem in the past with secondary cat deletion. In NC, we do not have a tailpipe sniffer test.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Adaptec spacers and HREs mounted. I'm having a difficult time deciding which wheel I like better, the stock wheel or the HRE? One of the only stock wheels I've ever really liked!!!

Might want to go with a little wider spacer for the HRE:

Attached Images     
Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 PM
DonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really nice
Originally Posted by LRDog
Here's a couple pics from a photog on Saturday morning:

....and this one! Sun was in my eyes....

I dig the KAWI 900 in the background........nothing good gets past me!

Old 08-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Sharp as a tack you are Mr. Bond!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
That shot of the interior is just perfect. I could almost imagine sitting in the car...

Never mind the bike, did you see the GT-R?

... Neither did I.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Stock wheels > HREs

Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM
^^ Hate to say it but, the pics of the Virage with the HREs do not look as good as the stock wheels..... Oh-oh! Anybody interested is a set of ever so lightly used 20" HREs with Michelin Pilot SS? Maybe if I had them refinished with a tinted clear?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Hate to say it but, the pics of the Virage with the HREs do not look as good as the stock wheels..... Oh-oh! Anybody interested is a set of ever so lightly used 20" HREs with Michelin Pilot SS? Maybe if I had them refinished with a tinted clear?
Nope, that ain't gonna make it better. The stock Virage wheels (as well as the original DBS wheels) are the best AM wheels of all, so keep it stock and sell the HREs.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
No disrespect intended toward the good folks at HRE but empirical evidence indicates that the stock wheels on your Virage are 72% more satisfying to eyeballs.
Please replace immediately.
Thank you.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:19 AM
rscultho is infamous around these parts
The HRE wheel are nice, but I am voting for your stock wheels...

Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Another vote for the stock wheels here, they are fascinating, intricate wheels. The HRE wheels look a bit dated.

But how nice to have a choice!

Old 08-13-2013, 05:16 PM
^^ I can't put my finger on it but, you're right, the HREs appear dated.....

Stock wheels going back on by the weekend:

I did test fit the stock wheels with spacers front and rear:

If anyone is looking for a set of HRE P44SCs for their AM, please let me know.....

Attached Images   
Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
No disrespect intended toward the good folks at HRE but empirical evidence indicates that the stock wheels on your Virage are 72% more satisfying to eyeballs.
Please replace immediately.
Thank you.
Stock especially given this!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Stock it is:

Attached Images    
Old 08-16-2013, 05:00 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Stock it is:
Definitely a good choice LR. I would say that the stock rim is one of the best I've seen, and that thy suit your car better by a country mile.

FF

Last edited by FatFrank; 08-16-2013 at 05:05 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am SOOO excited! New Virage Volante