Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

test drive and help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 AM
irvineboy is infamous around these parts
test drive and help!

Hi folks,

I have been on this forum for many years. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a v8v but I am in CA and this one is in Illinois. If anyone is out there and would be willing to check out and test drive a car, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
There are quite a few of us in Chicago area. listing url?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
HenryM happened to test drive this one about 2 weeks ago. If memory serves me correctly, he said everything worked very well. I just messaged him and perhaps he can chime in.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks cret. Is this an Aston Martin dealer or is it more a private exotic dealership? He claims Lake Forest Motors is an Aston dealership. I thought Napletons was the dealership in IL.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Lake Forest is an Aston Martin dealer. LFSC used to be the only AM dealer in the area, they are also authorized in Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren and Lotus. I've had my annual services completed with AM stamp there during past years. Napleton Aston Martin is fairly new as their grand opening was back in Feb 2013. Had my car serviced at Napleton a couple of weeks ago as LFSC couldn't schedule me in before the AMOC Limerock event last week.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
One thing I did notice is that this car does NOT have an auto dimming mirror. Is that optional? I think that means it doesn't have the garage button link, which I thought would be standard feature. I hate to carry an extra garage door opener in the car.

Last edited by irvineboy; 07-02-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:09 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
auto-dimming mirror with integrated garage door opener is an option, not standard.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
auto-dimming mirror with integrated garage door opener is an option, not standard.
I see, that is a very important feature. You cannot add it per the dealer. I wonder why the original owner didn't add it. He pretty much got every other option.

Last edited by irvineboy; 07-02-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
yeah, some of the "options" that should be standard make me scratch my head. auto-dimming mirrors and cruise control, for example, are standard on everything these days. hell, my 3 yr old's Power Wheels even have those (well, not really lol).

Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
You'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why so many things are optional on these cars. When buying used, you're probably better off making a list of all the options, and prioritizing them. Then decide which you are willing to not have, in order to get the color, and service history you want.

Remember, not all these were ordered by individuals, often they were spec'd by someone at the dealership for stock. Sometimes they were spec'd to a price point, and were just guessing what particular options to add to get to that price

Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
HA! I have the optional garage door opener and I never cokd get it programmed hours of plying with it. I just have the one that came with the opener itself.

I can't believe that's a deal breaker on a car... Really?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:01 PM
well, the car has a paint chip on the front bumper also. henrym said previous owner repainted the rear bumper but not sure why.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:09 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
OMG! A paint chip!! Off to the crusher with it!

Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jyeh74
I see, that is a very important feature. You cannot add it per the dealer. I wonder why the original owner didn't add it. He got pretty much every other option.
Obviously your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about because you can actually replace the mirror. The wiring is already in the car. The replacement Aston Martin auto-dimming mirror w/ Homelink costs about $400 and can be replaced in about 10 minutes or less.

I bought my replacement mirror through Amazon, modified it and installed it on my car so it was quite a bit more complicated, but it's fairly trivial if you get the OEM part.

P.S. Duane, some people program their mirrors correctly but think it's not working properly because they don't realize that you actually have to hold the programmed button down for about 1.5-2 seconds for the door to start moving. They just quickly press and release the button and then think that it's not working because the door doesn't open right away. FYI my opener is a Chamberlain Liftmaster.

Last edited by karlfranz; 07-02-2013 at 10:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: test drive and help!