Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My V8V Still Keeps Me Smiling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 AM
CTP855 is infamous around these parts
My V8V Still Keeps Me Smiling

After two years of ownership, my 2007 V8V still puts a smile on my face every time the garage door opens and I take off for the open road. I love the superb handling, and that wonderful howling exhaust note, when I drive it on my favorite winding road. This car doesn't have to be driven at top speed to enjoy it. Make no mistake, I drive and push the car occasionally, but I don't abuse it.

My car was just serviced in June with 25K on the clock........oil/filter, anti-freeze changed, power steering fluid, brake fluid, gear box oil (manual), new belts, air filters, cabin filter, and wiper blades. Since fluids can be the main cause for mechanical problems, it's cheap insurance to keep a car like this running well, especially over time.

So I say to you, enjoy your Aston Martin every time you drive it. They truly are special! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Very well said! Glad you are enjoying it!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
So I'm cruzin' around Cars and Coffee in Great Falls VA this past Saturday morning - look at the smorgasbord of high end, exotic machinery all around me, and my pal Richard P. pulls up in his Ferrari 430 Scuderia and we chat it up for a bit. Its a hellva car, and just one of many he has. Parked directly across from him is a 458 Italia, and I swear that is just about the most beautiful car I've ever seen....but it comes with a $ 200K + price tag , and that's for a used one.

So I get back in my Vantage and I think - Yeah, I'd really like to have that Italia, but its pretty far outside my pay grade. HOWEVER, I have the best-lookin', nicest performing, exotic car for $ 70K that's in the parking lot .

Old 07-07-2013, 07:52 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Duane: Sounds very similar to the Cars and Coffee events I've been to here in South Florida.... We see all type of cars - especially alot of high end exotics - and then there are a few Aston Martins which of course are my favorite ... Last month someone brought a Porsche Carrera GT which I've never seen before.. price tag? $400k range... So, I love going to those events because you never know what you will see... and I always get questions on the AM, which regardless of price tag, I could not be happier. It is my favorite car.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
OP, I hear you. Having owned mine for nearly two years I still find myself popping into the garage in the evenings just to admire the lines and the shine. I drive it nearly every day, and it still makes me smile every time.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:07 PM
ohTHATeric is infamous around these parts
Pick mine up on Wednesday after saving for years. Can't wait!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread! I too have had some of the same experiences when out with my AMs as mentioned here..... It's fun b/c relatively speaking, these cars are rare sights to most. I was walking around C&C Saturday with a couple buddies and we all commented on how beautiful the Italian cars are but, none of us had any desire to own one. The comment was made; "people don't hate you when you're driving an AM like they do sometimes when they see people in F-cars....."

Actually thought about a California for a few seconds. The guy who owns Wheel Experts had one for sale and while it was definitely the best looking CA I've ever seen, ultimately the Virage won out.

Originally Posted by ohTHATeric
Pick mine up on Wednesday after saving for years. Can't wait!
Fantastic! Post up some pics when you get it.