Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Centenary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 PM
marioV8V is infamous around these parts
Awesome pics! thanks for sharing

Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
more pics added

Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
btw, i tried to get my hands on an engineer that i could ask about our overly-rich AFRs, the oil blow-by i'm seeing, and potential bottlenecks in our intake systems (like the throttle body or intake manifold). unfortunately, there was only one guy that could even potentially answer those questions at Gaydon, and he wasn't available. everyone else that deals with engines is based in Cologne. the only cars they deal with at Gaydon are newly-assembled cars, so nobody could really answer my questions. oh well. still an amazing time and very worthwhile!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
The more I see those '80s-'90s Vantages the more I want one!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
The more I see those '80s-'90s Vantages the more I want one!
Me too! I'm planning to build a house in the next few years so I won't be able to get one too soon, but a mid-80s V8 Vantage is definitely on my short list.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
How cool is this thread? If a thread ever deserved a sticky.... this is it!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Just saw your pictures from Gaydon. Impressive!!! I would love to go there one day. Thanks again for sharing!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:45 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Gaydon is a trip worth taking! We loved it.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 PM
The one-of-a-kind Bertone Jet that was at Newport Pagnell, which we were asked to not photograph at the time, is now sitting in front of our hotel. So I snapped a few shots haha. Too tired to post pics right now, and I have to be up in 4 hours for a very long day tomorrow, but I'll get to them when I can.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Most pics added in post #4.

And I found this, in case anyone wants a lot more pics:
http://www.sportscardigest.com/aston...rt-and-photos/

Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
BRAVO! Most excellent photos..thank you very much for taking the time to post them all. I really wanted to go - just couldn't take that much time off of work. Seeing your photos is the next best thing.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by drcollie
BRAVO! Most excellent photos..thank you very much for taking the time to post them all. I really wanted to go - just couldn't take that much time off of work. Seeing your photos is the next best thing.
I'm glad you enjoy them! It was an amazing trip, and I'm very fortunate to have been able to go.

Lots of interesting stuff happened along the way, too...

At one point, I was holding Dr Bez's hand to help him balance while he hopped up and down on one foot trying to take his shoe off his other foot so he could show the AM logo inside the shoe during a "Dine on the Line" lunch that was prepared by a Michelin Star chef in the middle of the factory floor at Gaydon.

A couple of us had drinks with Rihanna's tour manager (she was staying at the hotel next to ours and we were having drinks in its bar when we met him).

Got to chat with Dr Bez on a few occasions, and he signed a copy of his new book for me. EDIT: Apparently it isn't being released until September!
Making Aston Martin: Ulrich Bez: 9783832795429: Amazon.com: Books Making Aston Martin: Ulrich Bez: 9783832795429: Amazon.com: Books

Plus met a lot of great people and had a great time.

Last edited by telum01; 07-23-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Wow .. thanks for sharing.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Was an AMAZING week ....saw some incredible sights, toured some awesome factories...and met some new and great friends. Rich and I hung out all the time as we knew only each other and in the beginning of the week we only knew each other BUT by the end of the week everyone in our group were all hanging out and we had all become somewhat of a "family"...great people! Rich took a lot of great photos, I had my iPhone so mine not as good. We were also fortunate enough to see some London sights like Tower and Castle, Canapés and Champaign at Kensington Palace, Dinner at the Royal Automobile Club (Rich do you have pics of the Pagani Hyaira in the lobby?), Lunch atop Tower 42, a nice lunch cruise along the River Tames, and one of my favs Champaign while on the London EYE so far above the city. ALL of this made it more of a well rounded memorable experience and of course Gaydon and my favorite Newport Pagnell...and yes my next Aston will probably ALSO be a 70's Vantage or a DB5 after seeing the work and meeting the actual craftsmen at Pagnell, what a place!!!

It was an epic trip, a once in a lifetime Centenary I will never forget, and to top it off the timeline of Astons in a row - SPECTACULAR, and as we left Kensington Palace wrapping up the Aston festivities only hours later a new future king is born! Talk about timing!

....oh and of course I have to mention we had one of the best Tour Guides ever....Tim Martin who works closely with the Royal family and celebs when they do movies in London, he mentioned working with Tom Hanks when he was in town shooting DaVinci Code. Tim was just fantastic! ....and how can I forget the true star of it all... a tall glass of London Pride Lagar and a plate of fried Haddock, chips, gravy and of course MUSHY PEAS!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
(Rich do you have pics of the Pagani Hyaira in the lobby?)
This thing was a work of art. As much as I love the Zonda, I'd go for this.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Centenary