Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Centenary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Aston Martin Centenary

I'll be posting pics as the trip continues!

Aston Martin Works, Newport Pagnell

Aston Martin One-77. This this was completely over the top. Attention to detail was unbelievable. A work of art in every regard. There were actually two of them here. The other was getting service done, shipped from Monaco. Didn't take pics to protect the privacy of the owner, per our hosts' request.

V12 Zagato

1988 V8 Vantage. So much grrr.

Classic. Registration slightly expired.

DB2/4

This DB6 "bound for a hot country" so the owner had Works install a second A/C condenser in the back of the car along with extra air vents behind the back seat.

A "barn find"

DB7 Zagato

Attached Images                        

Last edited by telum01; 07-17-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
AM Works, Newport Pagnell (cont.)

Paint and body work

Heritage restorations

The panel shop, which is probably the most impressive part of the tour, albeit the smallest. This is where they hand-craft aluminum body panels using traditional methods.

These are the molds they use to pound the metal into specific shapes for the body.

Attached Images                         

Last edited by telum01; 07-17-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Aston Martin Headquarters and Factory, Gaydon

This shiny little number was sitting atop some rocks in front of the factory.

Whole bunch of cars sitting out front

This DBS was getting signed like a birthday card for AM's 100th anniversary

Along with the new V12 Vantage S

And the new Vanquish Volante

And a Centenary Edition Vanquish. The paint on this thing must be seen in person to truly be appreciated.

Jesus car walks on water

Stirling Moss memorabilia

Mini Martin!!

The DB5 used in Skyfall was impossibly beautiful

V8 goodness

Inner workings of the Vanquish

Race cars woooo!! Unfortunately, they do not allow visitors to drive these. Or, um, anything.

Inside the intake manifold of a V12 race car

The DB6 (second car) belonged to Paul McCartney and, supposedly, he wrote "Hey Jude" while sitting in that car

I was told after I started snapping away that we weren't allowed to take photos on the factory floor, so I only got a few shots.

Dr Bez joined us for lunch and gave a little speech. Extraordinarily friendly and welcoming guy. Very laid back, down to earth, and... uh... took off his shoe at one point during our lunch, which was prepared by a Michelin Star chef and served beside the assembly line.

Attached Images                                         

Last edited by telum01; 07-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM
I honestly didn't take that many pics at the Concours.

The one-of-a-kind 3.2M GBP (4.9M USD) Bertone DB4 Jet!

The CC100! This thing was amazing, except... cast iron brakes, not carbon ceramics! Weird.

A pair of Zagatos. I got to have a nice chat with the designer (last pic), who was a great guy. These are probably going to be a bit controversial, but I absolutely loved them. EDIT: Found more info on these. The coupe is built from a DBS, the convertible is built on a DB9. The coupe is going to a Japanese customer (he was actually at the Concours, but I didn't talk to him), and the convertible is going to Peter Read, the American collector.

The Bertone DB4 Jet, Jet 2, and Jet 2+2. The 2+2 needs to be put into production. It was fantastic.

V8V N24. Hard to see in the pic, but the first of the drivers' names is that of Dr Bez. I love the fact that they didn't clean this thing before displaying it.

A couple of the race cars they had on display in the Park Privé.

Bond cars! Sadly... no Bonds

Attached Images                                       

Last edited by telum01; 07-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM
*reserved 4*

Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 AM
*reserved 5*

Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
Fabulous!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
hph
hph is infamous around these parts
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. I'm assuming you got more pics coming

Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Really dig that '88 Vantage. Looks like a straight-up muscle car.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 PM
We were asked to not take pics of a lot of cars, because they were privately owned and AM wanted to protect the privacy of their customers (perfectly understandable). There were a bunch of awesome cars there, including the two One-77's I mentioned, and this one-of-a-kind DB4 Bertone Jet:
http://www.supercars.net/cars/2086.html

Originally Posted by Racer_X
Really dig that '88 Vantage. Looks like a straight-up muscle car.
That thing was gorgeous, and I've love to get one. Has all the presence of an American car, with the design cues of a British sports car.

Originally Posted by hph
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. I'm assuming you got more pics coming
Yup, I'll be posting the pics in the "reserved" posts above each day!

Last edited by telum01; 07-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by telum01

Yes please

Old 07-17-2013, 03:42 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Was a great day at woderful newport Pagell The Aston folks were exceptional, even the craftsmen and floor leaders talked to us, what a marque!! What an incredible day....tomorrow we are of to Gaydon Factory!! I was telling Richard today that I had not sen a One-77 in the flesh as it were, until today...and got to see 2 of them there! Pagnell is a special place, after today I have a new found appreciation for my car, the workmanship, and the feeling of just how special and exceptional these cars really are. Certainly no mushy peas for this young bloke!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Fabulous pictures! Keep 'em coming and enjoy the next few days!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Living vicariously through your great pics. Really need to try visit these places someday

Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Major envy here!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Centenary