Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Proud owner, 2010 Vantage V8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by spf1410
Hola Everyone,

I've been lurking for six months now. I appreciate all the information I've been able to gain from the great posting among the members. Thanks for all the great stuff.

I finally made a deal on a Tungsten Silver 2010 located in Dallas about three weeks ago. Quick / smooth transaction with Logan Klein from DuSouth Auto Group. PlyCar shipped my car within six days (wow) from Dallas to Portland, Oregon.

From the seller, and the shipper, the service was top-shelf. I would highly recommend both of them and would not hesitate to use them again.

Arrival last week, and some "get the nerves out" driving has been accomplished. Really beginning to enjoy this magnificent machine. You guys are correct; each drive is truly an "event."

I'm very excited to learn more and really get to know this work of automotive art. Like many of you, I have had the pleasure to be around world class automobiles for most of my life. AM's have always been a favorite of mine, so I am thrilled to finally have one.

Thanks again for allowing me to hang around before the acquisition.

Cheers,

Jim
Congrats! May you enjoy many miles in the Aston.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 AM
fbiguy is infamous around these parts
My first Vantage was Tungsten, and it's a perfect fit for the car!

Congratulations and welcome to the family.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:03 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a little biased but Tungsten is the best color

Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I'm here to verify that, according to science, Tungsten is the correct color for a Vantage.

But tell us more about yours.
3 pedals or 2?
Interior color?
Previous cars and how it compares?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 AM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Yes, IbisRider- I saw that in the textbook as well regarding Tungsten! So many good colors for these cars, there's really not a 'bad' color at all but I was lucky to find my first choice.

Thank you to all of you for your nice greetings, having been on several car forums throughout the years this is really a nice group.

To answer IbisRider's questions:
- It's a three-pedal car (or "lever action")
- Obsidian Black interior with the perforated leather
- No navigation, I really do prefer that. Okay, I understand I'm not in the majority, but this is perfect for me.
- Ski slope is the machined finish

Uh-oh... now I had better dig up an interior photo, right? I'll take one tomorrow, then I can show the new diamond stitch leather mats I just got from Exoticare (they're very cool!).

Previous cars / how does this compare? Well, I'm lucky to be around cars all day long since I work for a large auto group (with a Ferrari/Maserati/Lotus store). Thus, I get to sample lots of good cars. For my preferences, the Vantage tops everything I've driven for a well-rounded equation of luxury, style, quality, and ride & handling. As we all know, they're not the fastest car but they are the best looking, and they are simply a treasure to behold.

Previous cars- the last 10 years:
- Superformance Cobra, (street version) Raw, scary, excellent quality
- 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra, Beast Mode = ON.
- 2006 S2000, super fun and amazing, so fun to drive. Actually was hard to sell this one!
- 1970 Olds 442 W-30 (4spd), This one is a keeper; it was the first car I ever purchased (1975) and I managed to keep it. Still have it! Super rare, but horrible to drive. When was the last time you did 400hp / 500 lb/ft torque on bias ply tires? Not good.

Weird mix, huh?

Prior to that, I was into 50's cars with big fins. I think we're going to keep this Vantage for a long time ... my wife and I are in love with it!

Again, nice to be here.

Cheers,

Jim

PS- sorry for the long post!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0502_edited.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	701.1 KB
ID:	270260   Click image for larger version

Name:	SVT Cobra 10-08001_edited.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	270261   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7178.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	993.5 KB
ID:	270262   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1367_2_2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	270263  
Old 08-13-2013, 02:02 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Unusual to find one with out Sat Nav, I only speced it on my S because occasionally I forget my Tom Tom
Glad to see another ex S2000 owner.
I had four, my last one was supercharged to 425 BHP, way quicker than my Aston, I miss that car

Old 08-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Congrats and welcome! These are wonderful cars. I'd love to hear more about the Superformance (love the Street spec).

Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Speedraser
Congrats and welcome! These are wonderful cars. I'd love to hear more about the Superformance (love the Street spec).
Speed, the "street car" was a blast. I particularly wanted that car due to the fact I worked for a guy when I was in high school who owned an original Cobra in street spec. In fact, I remember the day he was called by a production company and they inquired about using his car for Cannonball Run (the movie). He eventually said "no" because they would only insure it for $7k, and he wanted $13k in coverage (this was 1976).

Back to the future, and my car... It had a 351w stroked to 427; a light but high-revving torque fountain for sure. Superformance have 3.73 rear end, so it was an eyeball smasher. I loved the car, and drove it quite a bit. It really stood out in a group of Cobra vehicles. I put about 10k miles on in three years without a problem, the car was very well built.

Alas, I fell out of love due to the lack of drive time for a roadster in Oregon.

More photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbthegf...7603709824039/

Video of the car:

Last edited by spf1410; 08-17-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added video link
Old 08-16-2013, 08:52 PM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
Congrats! It is an event each time out! Enjoy.....

Old 08-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
James,

Beautiful SPF, and good to hear it treated you well. There used to be a SPF dealer near me, so I've looked at them closely -- they're very nicely done. I also looked closely at ERA and Kirkham. These are the three best replicas IMO, and the Kirkham really is just like buying a brand new '60s Cobra -- basically indistinguishable from an original. This could get me in trouble

The Aston is obviously a very different experience, but a wonderful one.