Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Here are some pics of the clear side markers and clear rear reflectors I installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:51 PM
timwhayden is infamous around these parts
Here are some pics of the clear side markers and clear rear reflectors I installed

Just had these installed and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I ordered them from Nicholas at The Vantage Collection of which I have no financial ties to at all.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	273965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0656.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	273966  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Looks awesome. Been trying to buy a set for my car, but Nicholas says they're sold out and is waiting for a new batch. I didn't know they also had clear reflectors. How much did those cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, did you have problems getting in touch with him? He doesn't always respond to my calls or emails. Spoke to him briefly on Monday, he said he would call me back in a few hours and I still haven't heard back from him.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 PM
And here's the front:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130730_161003.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	273967  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Karl, haven't gotten the invoice from him yet but I believe he said they were $40 or $60 for the reflectors. He is very leisurely about getting back to you. Have had better luck on phone than email.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! You're tag expires this month.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:45 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timwhayden
Karl, haven't gotten the invoice from him yet but I believe he said they were $40 or $60 for the reflectors. He is very leisurely about getting back to you. Have had better luck on phone than email.
Wait. You already have them installed on your car and you still haven't paid for them or received an invoice? How did that happen?

I currently have the rear bumper off my car (different story) so now would be the ideal time to install these, but he is taking his time to reply to me.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
MOTHER OF GOODNESS those are beautiful!

Nicely done, sir. Just adding those to the "maybe mine needs these" list.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:02 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great on a white Aston.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
^^^It does. Wonder if it'd look as good on a dark car. Might actually call more attention to the markers in that case.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:57 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ tint the stock units! They will disappear. I'm thinking about doing that to mine....

Old 08-24-2013, 05:59 AM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Nice! I didn't know they had clear reflectors.... Tim, did you have someone install for you or is this a DIY task?

Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 PM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
Very nice touch. Especially to the white body paint !

Old 08-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by astongirl
Nice! I didn't know they had clear reflectors.... Tim, did you have someone install for you or is this a DIY task?
DIY is a very relative term. It really depends on how handy and adventurous you are. The rear side markers and reflectors are fastened from behind. Replacing them entails removing wheels, wheel well liners, rear diffuser or airfoil, taillights, and the entire bumper cover. You may be able to access these areas without removing all these items, but this is how you normally do this job. If anyone is comfortable doing these things then, yes, it is a DIY job.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Astongirl, I had to have the bumper off for another reason and had them put on then. You have to get your hand up behind the old ones as they are held on by a fastener but the new ones are put on with double backed tape so Nicholas said. Would be tough with bumper on but may be possible.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:39 PM
bmwrockzz is infamous around these parts
Its beautiful .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here are some pics of the clear side markers and clear rear reflectors I installed