Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DBC concept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Aston Martin DBC concept

Here's a mid-engined AM concept car developed by Samir Sadikhov. Looks sexy as hell. Sign me up!

You can read the Autoblog story here: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/27/a...ngine-concept/

Attached Images    
Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
That is gorgeous! Next to the DBR1 you can really see the inspiration in the curves. That person is very talented. Sadly this will most likely never be a reality as mid engine != GT.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:40 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
How sweet is that!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Yes, absolutely just a concept, and not even one developed by Aston. I can still dream though!

Old 08-27-2013, 07:51 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Start with a Carbon Fiber Tub and body. Add the 700HP engine form the ONE-77, a variable suspension like the McLaren and a dual clutch trans with red line at about 9500. Carbon Ceramic brakes standard plus the crazy stereo and wide open interior choices and a curb weight around 3000 lbs. Come in at about 350K and let me know how much for a deposit.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM
timwhayden is infamous around these parts
That is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen...

Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Wow, wow, wow!!! My jaw is on the floor. Amazingly beautiful. Perfect lines.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:21 AM
Turns out it's also available in black. In another thread we were talking about what car we would consider giving our Astons up for. I was hard pressed to come up with one, even considering the new V12V S. I would, however, happily surrender my current V12V to trade up to this though. Just look at that ***! Aston, are you listening?

Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Well, I guess this is just sort of my lot in life; I don't really care for it.

It's certainly not offensive...and that's because it has nearly zero actual personality. It is pure, generic mid engine super car with a handful of "this says Aston" bits tacked on.

That side by side with the DBR1 actually makes my case. While there is a front fender line that descends and then rises into a rear, that's about where the similarities end. Hell, an Infinity M45 has that line too (and it's hideous). And just because you "base" your design on a beloved older body does not give you a pass.

Remove the shape of the grill, the bonnet vents, the strake and change the shape of the side lite and no one would say "Aston Martin". I do believe that Aston could (and should) make a rear-mid engine'd super. I also believe that they'd make it far more distinctive than this example. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it ugly, it's even quite handsome, but it just doesn't have the presence of an Aston Martin.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
. . . Remove the shape of the grill, the bonnet vents, the strake and change the shape of the side lite and no one would say "Aston Martin".
You could probably say the same about all the Gayden-era cars when they came out. Without all of those cues, no one would've guessed the new DB9 was a Aston when it came out.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:46 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Like it. However, how stupid are the trademark engine compartment/fender vents in the DOORS !?!?!

Trying too hard to incorporate this element, but otherwise very, very nice.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Racer_X
You could probably say the same about all the Gayden-era cars when they came out. Without all of those cues, no one would've guessed the new DB9 was a Aston when it came out.
Except of course, those familiar with the DB7

I know what you are saying but I still maintain that the basic shape of this concept is just lacking any Aston Martin panache. For instance, even though the Lagonda didn't "look like" an Aston Martin, it sure didn't look like anything else either. Once you saw it, you knew it.

I could see Samir's (hey, that's my name too) concept several times and still, the next time, wonder if it was a 458 or 12c as I got closer to it. It just lacks character in its form. And the vent in the door! Talk about tacked on design cues.

Still, I do find that concept car pretty. I just don't see (feel?) Aston Martin presence.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Forgot about the 7!

Different strokes I guess. I love it. Sometimes you need to take things in a new direction. This could be a new branch in the Aston family tree. Aston could still produce their fantastic GT cars in parallel.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Looks great. Rear hips are a bit 458 . It only missing a shiny grill on the front - Perfect !

Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Doesn't look like an Aston anymore, looks more like a McLaren.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin DBC concept