Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What's your daily driver ? (photo thread)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DonBond
It's not about having anything to prove........performance matters year around, to me....
I agree. I don't care about what others think but having to drive a Corolla (or equivalent) every day would make me sad.

My current daily is an E39 M5, however, I'm planning to sell it. Recently bought a 2009 MX-5 that I've modded for the track and I've decided I'd rather drive that than the big, heavy M5.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
How about expanding the scope

I think most of our daily driving cars might be a little mundane. What if we also mentioned or posted pictures some of our past exotic or interesting cars?

Sine we are limited to 5 pict's - this will be a two post submittal...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AdriLagLake4.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	280240   Click image for larger version

Name:	SideViewsmaller.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	280241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior3.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	484.7 KB
ID:	280242   Click image for larger version

Name:	928_s4_Cockpit2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	280244  
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
How about expanding post part 2

All past vehicles.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsches2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	280245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buell_Front.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	280249  
Attached Images    
Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 AM
oo7
oo7 is infamous around these partsoo7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blue_skies
I drive the same old beat up Toyota Corolla I had in college to work. I have nothing to prove.
Me too, that's why I bought a used vantage instead of a new DBS!

Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blue_skies
I drive the same old beat up Toyota Corolla I had in college to work. I have nothing to prove.
Is it really about having something to prove b/c you want to have a nice comfortable DD? I drive 30-40k miles per year so, I spend a LOT of time in my DD and a Corolla or similar won't cut it......

Guess if I drove my DD to the airport and parked it, then drove it home I might have a different perspective. Just sayin.....

Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
All past vehicles.
OMG! You've had 3 Lagonda?
Not so sure I'd want to own one but damn I'd love to have one for a weekend every now and then.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:35 AM
oo7
oo7 is infamous around these partsoo7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I think most of our daily driving cars might be a little mundane. What if we also mentioned or posted pictures some of our past exotic or interesting cars?

Sine we are limited to 5 pict's - this will be a two post submittal...
Holy Crap !!! 3 Lagonda's!!!! I would love to just sit in one and see a working dash display

Old 09-13-2013, 08:38 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
2009 BMW 335i MSport

Need a good car, since I drive 30k a year. Good meaning fun to drive, quick, decent on gas/maintenance.

I want to upgrade to a E550, but doesnt make sense to run a 45k (used) car into the ground. Might stick it out with the 335i.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:28 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport. Great car with great gas mileage. The last thing I need for a DD is something I 'worry' about where I park, etc.

Previous DD was an 09 base Honda CRV and before that an 06 Scion xB. Scion xB was fun, the CRV wasn't.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Lagondas display

Of the 3 Lagonda's, the 1984 series 2 LED display - all the numbers worked, but too bad most of the sending units did not. Keeping track of gas was interesting. The 1985 Series 3, had 3 TV screens... everything worked except most of the time the screens had 'vertical roll' like an old 1950'-60's tube tv... never did fix that... the 1988 Series 4... everything worked! Biggest mistake - ever selling the series 4. Owning a Lagonda makes you really appreciate just how reliable Aston has come.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
great thread

I do lots of camping, mountain bike and adventure racing .... so my DD is a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I just hit 99,000miles on it. I put aftermarket front/rear bumpers, a lift, and a more functional-heavy duty roof rack on it.

It is one of the rarer 6-speed manual ones. Fun to drive and can hold its own playing off-road.

FJ Cruiser ready for adventure by wilmer.gaviria, on Flickr

Adventure Car by wilmer.gaviria, on Flickr

Attached Images   
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
Originally Posted by DonBond
It's not about having anything to prove........performance matters year around, to me....
I don't exactly need "performance" to back my car out of the driveway and sit in traffic. Other than that, my E-class felt no better crawling along the freeway at 10mph than my Corolla does.

Except, I don't have to worry about some kid bumping into it while texting.

"Proving something" is in reference to the folks who use secondary high-end cars for the same snails-pace commute I do, just so they can park it up front to make the rest of society conscious of their economic inferiority.

Last edited by blue_skies; 09-13-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
My daily driver was

Now it is this

Attached Images   
Old 09-13-2013, 05:16 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
My daily is a 2013 Ram 1500. I need something that can tow. I also have a 87 Porsche 928 that I drive daily in the summer. There seems to be a lot of 928 owners on here as well! I think in two years I might trade up to a Range Rover but their reliability record scares me...

Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dan87951
My daily is a 2013 Ram 1500. I need something that can tow. I also have a 87 Porsche 928 that I drive daily in the summer. There seems to be a lot of 928 owners on here as well! I think in two years I might trade up to a Range Rover but their reliability record scares me...
Worried about reliability? Man, that's a hoot considering you drive a 928 daily.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's your daily driver ? (photo thread)