Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMG Powered Aston Martins Only Three To Four Years Away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
AMG Powered Aston Martins Only Three To Four Years Away

AMG powered Astons in three to four years:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-m...ree-four-years

Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
AMG powered Astons in three to four years:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-m...ree-four-years
AMG engine in an Aston = Beginning of the end of a great marque

Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 PM
marioV8V is infamous around these parts
I agree with XJRS, it's the beginning of the end of a great marque, and worst of all I fear it'll only be a matter of time before Daimler will purchase Aston from Investindustrial. In my opinion, it's exactly the reason why Investindustrial chose Merc/AMG as a power train and component supplier

Old 09-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Uh oh, here we go again . . .

Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I am actually looking forward for a more advanced engine and transmission from AMG to replace my current 2009 Vantage. Aston can not afford the cost of developing modern drivetrains, I think AMG partnership is the savior not the demise

Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Keep this in mind: Porsche is owned by VW and everyone knows it. No one confuses a P with a VW. With the exception of the SUV they really don't even share much. And even then the P SUV is never confused with a tarted up VW.

I'm confident (hopeful?) that AM can and will retain its bespoke identity no matter who owns it.

No one here seems to be complaining about the soulless Ford engine in their current Aston Martin.

Now, all of that said, why on earth is the One-77 engine not sitting between the front wheels of the Vanquish? Why go and develop a wonderful supercar engine and then let all of that awesome just sit in some fantasy garage while your company's reputation suffers?

Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbisRider

No one here seems to be complaining about the soulless Ford engine in their current Aston Martin.
Speak for yourself if you feel that way about the V8. The AM V12, however, has more than enough 'soul' for anyone. It is a wonderful motor and doesn't require anything from AMG or MB. Obviously you need to go out and buy a 'real' Aston with a V12 motor and chuck your V8.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Speak for yourself if you feel that way about the V8. The AM V12, however, has more than enough 'soul' for anyone. It is a wonderful motor and doesn't require anything from AMG or MB. Obviously you need to go out and buy a 'real' Aston with a V12 motor and chuck your V8.
Seems I should have used the 'sarcasm' quotes when I said "soulless".

My point, my cantankerous friend, is that no one including me is complaining. And no one is complaining because the engines aren't soulless. So for those who want to assume that the AMG partnership might hurt the AM soul, I was making an analogy to the partnership with Ford.

So actually, you and I agree. Our engines, 8 and 12, have the very soul we want. I think its sad that you had to disparage the 8 by suggesting that it is less of a real Aston engine. The GT LeMans series team begs to differ.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Seems I should have used the 'sarcasm' quotes when I said "soulless".

My point, my cantankerous friend, is that no one including me is complaining. And no one is complaining because the engines aren't soulless. So for those who want to assume that the AMG partnership might hurt the AM soul, I was making an analogy to the partnership with Ford.

So actually, you and I agree. Our engines, 8 and 12, have the very soul we want. I think its sad that you had to disparage the 8 by suggesting that it is less of a real Aston engine. The GT LeMans series team begs to differ.

Appeared to me that your were the one disparaging the V8, hence the real Aston comment. And keep in mind that it was the DBR9 that resulted in Aston's first LeMans win since 1959, not the Vantage.

If the V12 had not been ruled out of use, they'd still be using the DBR9 rather than the Vantage for GT racing. That was simply a spectacular racing car that dominated during its 3-year career, winning several manufacturer's championships and LeMans twice.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
I think with AMG you will see astons get a huge bump in performance. They will have more hp, be more fuel efficient, and faster. I am upset though this is so far away. I thought it was only 2 years away.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:35 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
After reading this I am a little depressed they are doing turbocharged engines rather than N/A. But AMG does make the best engines in the world regardless.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by speedsterr
But AMG does make the best engines in the world regardless.
How deep are you in it?

Old 09-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
How deep are you in it?
hmm? Not quite sure I under your comment.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 AM
hmm? Not quite sure I under your comment.
The bulls**t

Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Christiaan0922 is infamous around these parts
After reading this I am a little depressed they are doing turbocharged engines rather than N/A. But AMG does make the best engines in the world regardless.
Curious...what exactly is the fondness of N/A engines over turbo or supercharged engines. I like my DB9 just the way it is and realize there may not be any more room for turbos, intercoolers, or superchargers. But...the few other cars I've driven with these modifications (supercharged Toyota Tacomas mostly) have been very much improved over their stock counterparts. One of these with larger injectors, hi-performance tune, different exhaust, has not suffered any lack of reliability either, for a good 90K plus miles. (and very often driven kind of hard!)

Even my old high pressure Turbo 2006 Volvo V70R, 2.5L 5cyl put out a very nice 300hp with no reason to complain!

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG Powered Aston Martins Only Three To Four Years Away