Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I pulled the trigger :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Triple Net- congratulations! That car is gorgeous... Cheers for the lever action choice. I'm loving it in mine.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by TripleNet
After lusting for an Aston Martin since childhood I am finally there .... 2013 Black on Black 6 speed
Words cannot express how excited I am ....
Fabulous, congratulations, she looks a real beauty
Be prepared, this isn't just another car it's a lifestyle change

Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about

Go for the Concave Straight5 in a 20"... and when you get bored with them, I'll buy them from you.. I am just up the road!

I'll go ahead and back you up... We are here in south FL, and you can get away with 'more bling'... no problem. Infact its preferred.

Its like when your GF wears 4"heels out at night... not even a big deal down here... She needs the 6" stilettos to stand out.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 09-30-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:45 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Wheels are a fashion thing, and many of those wheels just look really dated. The spec multis would have looked brilliant when you got them 5 years ago, but they are now a very old design.

Similarly, the Concave straight 8 look like something from the 90s, if you want to complement your 2013 car, you should think about wheels that don't look like you bought them secondhand some years ago. Thin spokes and not too many of them is the current style

Old 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys for the suggestions..... I am sure some will love the look and others hate it...

I went with H&R lowering springs, 360 Forged SL10 ,,,, 20x9 F and 20x11 R .....

All brushed no shine and "may" apply a very light gunmetal coating ... Not sure on the coating yet...

Attached Images  

Last edited by TripleNet; 09-30-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MichaelD
Wheels are a fashion thing, and many of those wheels just look really dated. The spec multis would have looked brilliant when you got them 5 years ago, but they are now a very old design.

Similarly, the Concave straight 8 look like something from the 90s, if you want to complement your 2013 car, you should think about wheels that don't look like you bought them secondhand some years ago. Thin spokes and not too many of them is the current style
Wow, I simultaneously totally agree and totally disagree with everything you've said.

Wheels being "fashion" IS the problem. I would restate your claim as; Aftermarket wheels are a fashion thing.

The 2013 car in question is of a design developed in the first half of the 2000s. Wheels that look good or "correct" with that body will always be the wheels that look good and correct. It is as likely to look bad with trendy wheels from the 80s as with trendy wheels from today.

Ideally, wheels are only fashion to the degree that the entire car's design is. Car design certainly has its fashions and styling trends. Wheels should be a part of the styling of the car. Does that make them "fashion"? Sure, to a point it does.

Many people identify a difference between "style" and "fashion". Cars are styled, styles change and evolve. Fashion on the other hand, can be defined as something so ugly, they have to change it every season.

Don't put fashionable wheels on such a beautifully styled car.

Or do what you like.

I'm just ranting.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Those will be pretty good.
Do the gunmetal.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
...360 Forged is close to my house and gives me a deal if the car can be used in their website ...
If it is less than 60% off, I could see that as a good deal... Maybe even 50%. But if they give that '40-45% off' MSRP line, you are not getting a good deal.

(I've already dealt with this)

Good luck!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
After lusting for an Aston Martin since childhood I am finally there ....

2013 Black on Black 6 speed

Words cannot express how excited I am ....

Congratulations! You'll love it.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:10 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on the new car! Get the valves plugged

Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Look what finally arrived... Unfortunately I have been in Vegas all week.... Looks like tomorrow is a full tank and break her in..

Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Look what finally arrived... Unfortunately I have been in Vegas all week.... Looks like tomorrow is a full tank and break her in..

Wonderful!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com