Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Volvo Shows an Aston Martin clone at Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:32 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Volvo Shows an Aston Martin clone at Frankfurt

I think this shows how well the current Aston Martin design theme as aged gracefully and is still relevant. Volvo unveils a new p1800 Concept car at Frankfurt and except for the hideous front grille and rather odd design in the tail lamps the lines are all Aston Martin to my eye.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/volv...r-show/1209542

Old 09-27-2013, 07:59 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drcollie
I think this shows how well the current Aston Martin design theme as aged gracefully and is still relevant. Volvo unveils a new p1800 Concept car at Frankfurt and except for the hideous front grille and rather odd design in the tail lamps the lines are all Aston Martin to my eye.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/volv...r-show/1209542
More like all F-Type, not Aston.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I can see some Aston influence from the A-pillar back. The rear haunches remind me of the original Vanquish.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:47 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
WHOA... not so fast there. I never even thought Aston Martin when I saw this concept. It's very very Volvo... and a very good design direction for that marque. I really liked the design.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Rear looks like a 'maro

Old 09-27-2013, 03:51 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Rather odd design in the tail lamps, simular to Vanquish tail lamps? We all know a large amount of the electronics and other bits for Aston are Volvo. I would agree, lots of influence.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Rear end looks like a dodge charger with Vanquish taillights

Old 09-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I see more of a S5 body lines and length, yes rear end looks Dodge, front reminds me of new Jag XJ(shape of the lights and grill fitted into the low level width)

Nonetheless, with all the cars now designed, there's nothing new that can be done without looking like something else...ever see all the latest crossovers, they all remind me if a Q5

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-17-2013, 01:53 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
not even close to an AM

Old 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Is it just me, or isn't it REALLY about time we see a next gen Vantage concept at a show?