Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Traded in the V12V for a 4.3 L . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013 | 12:03 AM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Wow! What a beautiful car and great pictures too. Enjoy!

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:39 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Interested in the economics of the trade but that's private data right?

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:46 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcpca356
Interested in the economics of the trade but that's private data right?
He drove in with a 5.9L V12 producing 510hp and walked out with a 4.3L V8 producing ~508hp. Oh you probably mean dollars

Old 11-04-2013 | 10:15 AM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
Congrats

You traded in my favorite Aston for my favorite Ferrari. If I only had the means, cheers sir!

The question is, will you make the switch to the new, lighter 565hp V12V S? That is one hot commodity.

Old 11-04-2013 | 11:26 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Aston to 430 seems to be a common trade. I went to a 430 spider, although the scud must be a monster. I was driving behind one on a spirited drive, and OMG the noise, incredible.

Old 11-04-2013 | 12:22 PM
|
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by onurleft
Congrats

You traded in my favorite Aston for my favorite Ferrari. If I only had the means, cheers sir!

The question is, will you make the switch to the new, lighter 565hp V12V S? That is one hot commodity.
Probably not given the gearbox. That said, if they improve the gearbox, I'd be tempted. What I'd really like is an "RS" version of the V12V that is several hundred pounds lighter than the current car. I think that'd be really cool.

Old 11-04-2013 | 12:42 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Probably not given the gearbox. That said, if they improve the gearbox, I'd be tempted. What I'd really like is an "RS" version of the V12V that is several hundred pounds lighter than the current car. I think that'd be really cool.
If they made a raw version like the Scud I would have a very difficult decision to make! Caveat being a respectable gearbox.

Old 11-04-2013 | 01:03 PM
|
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
It's not that hard to imagine. Jag has done this with their XKR-S. Not a fan of all the fiddly bits they added to the exterior, but you get the idea. A lightweight dash with simple controls for the A/C and stereo along with lightweight seats without electronic motors could remove a lot of weight. Not sure if lightweight seats are even possible today though because of US regs.

Old 11-04-2013 | 05:11 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:39 PM
Baker19 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Forgot to mention, I have some leftover Aston goodies that I'd like to sell. They include:

1. Aston Martin Vantage car cover (black with white piping/logo).

2. Aston Martin battery conditioner.

3. Aston Martin leather ECU case.

4. Aston Martin iPod connector cable.

PM me if interested in any of the above.
Congratulation on the Scud...absolutely beautiful car. I just purchased a 2009 Vantage and am interested in items 1 and 3, the car cover and the leather ECU case. I don't have enough posts to PM you (tried and got a message that I needed at least 15 posts). Can you please contact me at tbaker@nordam.com with contact info and prices. Shoot me a fair price and I'll take them both. Thanks

Old 11-05-2013 | 06:50 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, 430 looks great in that colour. I have thought about similar move myself but the maintenance expense experiences of a friend of mine put me off.

FF

Old 11-05-2013 | 10:57 PM
ghazi007 is infamous around these parts
Hi
I'm interested in the car cover and battery conditioner
Can you send me the price on both?

Thanks
Gus

Old 11-06-2013 | 01:25 PM
crewmember80 is infamous around these parts
Racer,

Can you tell me where you took those beautiful pictures? I just moved to Atlanta and would love to enjoy the scenic drive.

Great looking car by the way!

Old 11-06-2013 | 01:37 PM
|
Thanks. They were taken just north of Dahlonega, west of Helen. If you go through historic Dahlongega, which is a nice place to have lunch BTW, and continue north, you'll run into 19. Take it north and have fun. The roads are really twisty and have lots of elevation changes, many on the tightest turns. Although I haven't done the Tail, I've heard others say that this area is just as good. Check out #5 below:

http://jalopnik.com/5888002/ten-grea...ever-heard-of/

Old 11-06-2013 | 01:45 PM
crewmember80 is infamous around these parts
Thanks!

One problem is, you now have me looking at F430s!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded in the V12V for a 4.3 L . . .