Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Traded in the V12V for a 4.3 L . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2013 | 01:49 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Same here! Haha... And having joined the Ferrari Club is even more of a temptation....

Originally Posted by crewmember80
Thanks!

One problem is, you now have me looking at F430s!

Old 11-06-2013 | 02:04 PM
|
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Just took a look at the map because I always get a bit lost. Looks like the correct route is Dahlonega > 19 > 60 > 180 > 348 > 75A > 129 > 19 > Dahlonega. This forms a clockwise loop of driving nirvana. This time of year, it's pretty crowded though.

Old 11-07-2013 | 08:52 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Just took a look at the map because I always get a bit lost. Looks like the correct route is Dahlonega > 19 > 60 > 180 > 348 > 75A > 129 > 19 > Dahlonega. This forms a clockwise loop of driving nirvana. This time of year, it's pretty crowded though.
One of the drawbacks to buying a fun car in Florida, no driving nirvana...anywhere. Can't wait to take a long break next year. Drive into the hills, then transfer back to California for some Skyline drives.

Old 11-07-2013 | 03:39 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Florida jaunt

Will drive north to south to Florida this winter.

Looks like #129 South out of Knoxville will eventually let us intersect with the circle route you describe. Then will be on little traveled roads of north Georgia down to Atlanta.

Nice to be off I-75 for a while.

Two years ago went south via Tail of the Dragon.

Old 11-08-2013 | 08:59 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flinder
Will drive north to south to Florida this winter.

Looks like #129 South out of Knoxville will eventually let us intersect with the circle route you describe. Then will be on little traveled roads of north Georgia down to Atlanta.

Nice to be off I-75 for a while.

Two years ago went south via Tail of the Dragon.
I love the Tail of the Dragon!

Old 11-11-2013 | 06:43 PM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
Probably not given the gearbox. That said, if they improve the gearbox, I'd be tempted. What I'd really like is an "RS" version of the V12V that is several hundred pounds lighter than the current car. I think that'd be really cool.

See I don't get why they don't give a traditional manual... If you can't make a properly semi-auto or double clutch then at least give us what we want in the first place. It would cost them so little..

For me, the only Aston i'd be in the market for (Aston's are my favorite) would be a 4.7L or V12V 6 speed manual. Nothing else

Old 11-20-2013 | 07:42 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
3 week check-in. How's the car doing? Any regrets or things you really miss? Are you getting the S-line XXX xpipe

Old 11-20-2013 | 08:21 AM
|
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Hey Ross. Sadly, the car is at the dealer. The vibration/noise I mentioned turned out to be unbalanced cooling fans. I'm currently working with the dealer that sold me the car to see what they are willing to do in regard to getting the fans fixed as it's a latent issue that one would only notice when the engine is hot, but also an issue that they should have been aware of when they sold me the car. Anyway, hoping to get the issue resolved and get back behind the wheel soon. Pains me to see that empty spot in my garage!

As for regrets, I don't feel any. The first time I saw a Vantage on the road after I sold it I felt a bit of sadness, but I'm glad I made the switch. As for the Xpipe, I'm tempted but I think I'd like to keep the car stock for a while before making any changes. The Xpipe sounds amazing though and I was really surprised to see the dyno results. What does it add, an extra 20 whp?

Last edited by Racer_X; 11-20-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-20-2013 | 02:57 PM
Since you bought from the dealer I would press them to do it for free. I had an issue after my car was purchased and the dealership here picked up the car from my house, fixed it, and sent it back on their dime the next day. I believe I owned the car a month when my issue occurred. The issue was hose clamp that came loose which is a cheap fix, but the shipping was around $400 that they absorbed. I barely noticed the car was gone and it was one of the reasons why I bought from the dealer for additional peace of mind.

Old 11-20-2013 | 03:30 PM
|
Yeah, that's my goal. I bought from FCI in NC and they seem to have a pretty good reputation for customer service. So far, they appear to be willing to work with me. Will post the final resolution on Fchat.