Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Traded in the V12V for a 4.3 L . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013 | 06:32 PM
|
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Traded in the V12V for a 4.3 L . . .

Hey all, I just traded my V12V in for a 2008 430 Scuderia. Although I've loved my Astons, I've been driving a Vantage for about 5 years and it was a time for a change. Also, ever since buying an MX-5 for the track, I've become more and more interested in "adding lightness" as they say. The Scud tips the scales at under 3,000 lbs so it fits the bill.

If history is an accurate predictor of the future, I will likely keep this car for two years or so. If Aston fixes their automated manual gearboxes by then, maybe I'll trade this one in for a new V12V. I can dream.

Anyway, I had an opportunity to drive the car through the north Georgia mountains today and took a few pics along the way. Perfect time to go up there because the trees are at peak color. The roads are fantastic too, although there tends to be a lot of traffic this time of year.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001_small.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	295954   Click image for larger version

Name:	002_small.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	295955   Click image for larger version

Name:	005_small.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	295956   Click image for larger version

Name:	006_small.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	295957   Click image for larger version

Name:	007_small2.jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	295958  

Old 11-02-2013 | 06:40 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Clever tricky title, almost had me fooled

Old 11-02-2013 | 07:00 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Cool. Tell us more about how the Scud is to drive.

Old 11-02-2013 | 08:42 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Congrats. So glad you didn't get a red one. . So where can I find your V12V for sale?

Old 11-02-2013 | 09:21 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations! That car is insanely beautiful.

Old 11-03-2013 | 01:34 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Congrats. So glad you didn't get a red one. . So where can I find your V12V for sale?
Yep nice colour on a great car
Came very close to the convertible version last year (16M) but couldn't find one in a good colour

Old 11-03-2013 | 03:50 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! I look forward to hearing your impressions of the car! Also, that is a very rare color combo. I couldn't find a Silverstone gray when I bought and eventually "gave up" after 6 months of searching for the perfect white or gray.

Here are few pictures I took yesterday as well. It was an amazing day on the east coast!

A few others http://imgur.com/a/yxSEr

Name:	S6nsG3S.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	1,014.1 KB
ID:	295976  

Last edited by RossL; 11-03-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-03-2013 | 05:11 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Now that is one sinister looking car! And a gorgeous backdrop... Enjoy!

Old 11-03-2013 | 06:45 AM
Aston502 is infamous around these parts
Nice car Dave and beautiful pics, looking forward to hearing your impressions and I hope you continue to hang out here.

Old 11-03-2013 | 06:58 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I know just how you feel. I couldn't help but notice that your color combo is similar to your V12V after the stripping. Perhaps that project was a foreshadowing.

Old 11-03-2013 | 08:47 AM
|
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Thanks for all the positive responses guys. One concern of mine in making the change to Ferrari is that people don't always react so positively to them. So far, however, everyone has been really positive, surprising so, at least to my face.

Originally Posted by karlfranz

Hey KF, the car is with Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, NC. Those guys were really good to deal with so you might consider ringing them up if you're serious about changing to a V12V. Although I wrapped the car around a tree, the body shop did a really good job of masking the structural damage. Kidding! I take really good car of my things, and she's a great example. Would be nice to know that she went to a good home!

Originally Posted by Speedraser
Cool. Tell us more about how the Scud is to drive.

The car is amazing to drive. The acceleration is ridiculous, partly due to there being almost no pause for gear changes. I was on the highway yesterday and floored it for just a little while. When I looked down at the speedo I saw I was going 140 mph! We got there in no time and it felt like the car was just getting started. As for the twisties, the car is just glued to the road like a go-cart. I took it a bit easy yesterday because I'm new to the car and there was intermittent rain, but the car just goads you into taking each turn a bit faster than the last.

One thing I wanted to mention is the ride. Before I bought the car I was a bit concerned that the ride would be too harsh, too much like a race car. I found that this isn't the case at all. The suspension soaks up bumps well and the car is very comfortable to drive, even in the firmest of the three suspension settings. Also, if you want to just put around town, the car is quite docile. If you short shift, you can also drive around without making much noise, which is nice.

Originally Posted by Aston502
Nice car Dave and beautiful pics, looking forward to hearing your impressions and I hope you continue to hang out here.

Thanks Larry. I plan to continue to participate on the forum if you guys don't mind a non-Aston owner chiming in!

Originally Posted by RossL
Congratulations! I look forward to hearing your impressions of the car! Also, that is a very rare color combo. I couldn't find a Silverstone gray when I bought and eventually "gave up" after 6 months of searching for the perfect white or gray.

Thanks Ross. You and your car were definitely motivation for the switch. Thanks also for your input via PMs. As I mentioned to you, I didn't specifically look for Silverstone. There is a color I really wanted called Grigio Medio, which is a non-metallic medium gray that looks amazing to me -- reminds me of the classic Mercedes gray from the '50s and '60s. When I first stated looking for cars, I saw a Grigio Medio car in Houston and immediately contacted them. Unfortunately, it was too late. The car had already sold. Found another one in CO, but it had over 25k miles and, I think, had participated in multiple Gumball events. Here's an example of a Grigio Medio car:

Anyway, I really love the Silverstone too. I was hoping it would be less conspicuous than red or other bright colors, but the car still attracts a ton of attention. The first time I test drove it, some moron in a BMW pulled up next to me (on the highway) and asked me to do a fast acceleration for him so he could film it with his iPhone. Interestingly, people get this car wrong just like the Aston. I had two people come up to me at a gas station yesterday and as me about my "Lamborghini."

That's a great pic of your scud too BTW! Black was another color I considered. Guess this was really the weekend to photograph your car. Will definitely check the other photos.

Originally Posted by jaymoney
I know just how you feel. I couldn't help but notice that your color combo is similar to your V12V after the stripping. Perhaps that project was a foreshadowing.

Yeah, I suppose that is one negative of the car. I didn't intend to get the same color combo, it just happened. I did like that color combo of my stripe project though, and it works on the scud too.

Name:	GrigioMedio.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	296011  
Old 11-03-2013 | 09:00 AM
|
Forgot to mention, I have some leftover Aston goodies that I'd like to sell. They include:

1. Aston Martin Vantage car cover (black with white piping/logo).

2. Aston Martin battery conditioner.

3. Aston Martin leather ECU case.

4. Aston Martin iPod connector cable.

PM me if interested in any of the above.

Old 11-03-2013 | 10:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Nice switch, looks like a great example. I enjoyed driving the 16M I drove more than the 458.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-03-2013 | 10:48 AM
|
^^^I was thinking that I could trade this one in in a couple of years for a 458, but I'm not so sure I'd do that now. Seems like it'd be a move that's more about luxury than performance (and I'm currently more concerned about the latter). I've seen drag races online where the stock scud matches the 458 until the cars are well over 100 mph, at which point the 458 slowly pulls away. Also, as every review of the scud points out, the scud is as fast as the Enzo around the Fiorano track. The scud definitely is a driver's car.

Old 11-03-2013 | 09:12 PM
b_gust99 is infamous around these parts
Love the teaser title, thought you were smoking crack! Nice new ride...seems I need to find a scuderia to test drive as that is the preferred upgrade apparently . Sweet pics too btw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded in the V12V for a 4.3 L . . .