My new (to me) 09 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 AM
oo7
oo7 is infamous around these partsoo7 is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jroback
Congrats! Loving my 07 V8V at 5 months! Took me a while to figure out, but here's my current interior setup; keeps the interior looking clean and uncluttered but most of what I need is in reach: Owners manual under drivers seat (don't have to access it much anymore -- maybe time to move it to the safe!), garage door opener in the door (held by little strap that's meant to hold cell phone but is inconvenient for that purpose), sunglasses in door, iPhone sits on dash to the right of steering wheel console (stays there pretty well while driving, but the space is tight -- might be too small for a galaxy size phone), very little in glove box (a couple pens, etc is all that fits), a few things behind seat (umbrella), and everything else in the trunk. In other cars, I used the cup holders a lot -- but they are almost useless in this car because of their small size and location.
And if you pull up the panel-cover behind the seats there is a perfect little compartment behind the drivers seat, to keep your Walther 9mm PPKs, as James would do.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:42 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
beauty! how did the PPI go?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cret
beauty! how did the PPI go?
Could have gone better...

Timing chain cover leak - ~$4k
Clutch is on its way out - ~$6k
Noisy belts - ~$500

Cosmetic repairs - ~$2k

Recommended service - Jury's still out, depends in the dealer can get the service history from the Dallas dealer. If not, they recommend a full service which runs ~$3k

Grand total is around $15k

We'll see what the seller covers and what not. Needless to say I wouldn't put $15k on top of this car, that'd get me a newer car with no issues!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 AM
jroback is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
And if you pull up the panel-cover behind the seats there is a perfect little compartment behind the drivers seat, to keep your Walther 9mm PPKs, as James would do.
Dick: 2 points. 1) I've never looked under that panel. Is there actually usable storage space there? I have to check it out tonight. 2) I bought a PPK/S (been on a handgun buying spree for last year), but unfortunately I don't like it -- anyone want to buy a slightly used Walther to compliment their AM?

Old 03-06-2014, 12:03 PM
rohnin is infamous around these parts
How much was the inspection, and how do you find a good one? BTW there is a nice 09 up at Los Gatos for $75k. I'm looking at a 07 but not sure if an inspection is necessary as they said it was just serviced?

Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Aerome is infamous around these parts
Agree with rohnin. You're turning it into a first class car so if that is what you want you may need to look at an AM dealer or someone who has taken great pains to keep the car up. Either way you'll spend more money. And I'll bet dollars to donuts when it's perfect at one dealer it'll need a few grand at another. I'd say get your PPI list and shop the prices if you like this car.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rohnin
How much was the inspection, and how do you find a good one? BTW there is a nice 09 up at Los Gatos for $75k. I'm looking at a 07 but not sure if an inspection is necessary as they said it was just serviced?
$348 at Galpin. I ended up going to a dealer.

You NEED to inspect these cars completely, by an expert. Any surprise will be an expensive one!

I'm still unsure what will happen with mine, need to negotiate.

Do you have a link for that 09?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:08 PM
oo7
How did they know the clutch was nearly worn out?

Old 03-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by oo7
How did they know the clutch was nearly worn out?
There's a number they can test for in the SS cars, it's ~1740 or so out of ~1800...

Old 03-06-2014, 07:22 PM
oo7
Was not aware of that thanks.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:58 PM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
Congrats!! You will definitely enjoy it!!! I've had mine for over a year and still feel like a kid (with a new toy) every time I get in and take it out for a drive :-)

Old 03-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by oo7
Was not aware of that thanks.
Yes, this is one of the many reasons I ended up at the dealer, the indy I called said they couldn't measure clutch wear... BS, it's not an exact measurement but they can.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:24 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bleen

Do you have a link for that 09?
www.losgatosluxcars dot com

They have an '07 DB9 for just a little more ...

Old 03-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Well, I got $3k back from the seller to address some of the issues. It's not ideal but together with finding a good reasonably priced mechanic (New Tickford), this covers for most of the clutch job. This makes the car $68k which is a good price for the year/mile combo even if it needs a clutch.
For the oil problem, I've been told it's not such a bug deal and can leave it alone for a while until it does become an issue.
The aesthetic details are just that, details. I can probably fix the one that bugs me the most myself.

On that note, here's a couple of questions:

1- How do you access the chimsel (3rd break light)? Mine is pushed in.
2 - My start button surround (the docking module) is in bad shape. The upper clear section particularly ("ENGINE"). I've seen this sold: https://www.astonmartinbits.com/mode...age/parts/1592
Is it possible to service this myself? I'd love to just buy this part online and replace just that section, since the rest of the module looks good and works.

Thanks~

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new (to me) 09 Vantage