Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ten cars about to "explode in value"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Ten cars about to "explode in value"

I'm no speculator of future car values, but I thought this list was interesting. I'm posting it here because of #4 if anyone is wondering . . .

http://jalopnik.com/ten-cars-that-ar...lue-1596966020

Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
interesting, I'm wondering how difficult it'll be to keep vantages on the road (and most of the newer cars) because of all the electronics, power components etc.

Originally Posted by Racer_X
I'm no speculator of future car values, but I thought this list was interesting. I'm posting it here because of #4 if anyone is wondering . . .

http://jalopnik.com/ten-cars-that-ar...lue-1596966020

Old 06-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I don't think it'd be difficult at all. I owned two Astons and, aside from a couple of minor niggles with my '07 Vantage that were remedied on newer cars, they were extremely reliable.

Now who out there has my old V12V and wants to sell it back to me.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:54 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Don't know if I would chosen the word "explode" though.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see it happening. Who knows. The car market is about as fickle as they come. But I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:41 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm really getting tired of seeing e46 posts recently. I've been looking for a perfect one for the last 6 months and this is causing them to shoot up already.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:45 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it'd be difficult at all. I owned two Astons and, aside from a couple of minor niggles with my '07 Vantage that were remedied on newer cars, they were extremely reliable.

Now who out there has my old V12V and wants to sell it back to me.
Think of a car from the 50's or 60's - people go 'wow' if the clock is still spinning. The rest of the car is low tech. What happens in 20 or 30 years when the computers in dash or under the hood go poof. It could be difficult to find replacements.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I don't think the V12V is about to explode in value, but I do think it has bottomed, or at the very least is close to it.

I have no doubt they will appreciate at some point in the forseeable future. Not imminent but I think it will happen eventually.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-27-2014, 04:10 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
The only ones that actually will go up in value are probably #1 & #5 realistically, many of the rest are junk (not V12V of course). V12s will still drop for some time. They won't appreciate, but they may flatline at some point like the older 4.3Ls

Old 06-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
The only ones that actually will go up in value are probably #1 & #5 realistically, many of the rest are junk (not V12V of course). V12s will still drop for some time. They won't appreciate, but they may flatline at some point like the older 4.3Ls
I would *love* to have an SPG. Just sayin.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-28-2014, 02:24 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Do not agree with M3 E46 - possibly CSL but not the standard M3.

Supra Mk4 should be on that list. Once the new Toyota GTR killer comes out with the Supra name then the brand name will be back in the forefront.

More importantly Japanese cheap stock of these cars are dwindling and good example are hard to find. Many cars are worth more as parts too. So the signs and portents are definately there. We shall see...

Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 AM
V12V is infamous around these parts
I agree that the V12 V has pretty much bottomed. If I am wrong and they drop to 100K or less for a low mile one I will gladly buy another.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:18 AM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
Potential yes -about to ??? Some may get to $100k or less, depends on the quality of each car, what's Aston Martin's future and the economy. To make a blanket statement will take a few more years to see IMHO. One of the best investment is one that you can enjoy. YES Sir !! a V12V would fit that category.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by 07sportspack
. . . One of the best investment is one that you can enjoy. YES Sir !! a V12V would fit that category.
Well, there's the rub. For a car to really "expode" in value as an investment, it typically will need to have really low miles. So, unless you enjoy just looking at the car (and not driving it), it'll be difficult to enjoy it and have it appreciate like crazy.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:43 AM
oo7
oo7 is infamous around these partsoo7 is infamous around these parts

Well, there's the rub. For a car to really "expode" in value as an investment, it typically will need to have really low miles. So, unless you enjoy just looking at the car (and not driving it), it'll be difficult to enjoy it and have it appreciate like crazy.
Agree, the buy two rule applies, with investment vehicle possessing the most desirable/rare options

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ten cars about to "explode in value"