Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Would you drop $100,000 for an Aston Martin if you had the cash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM
rscultho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RossL
Isn't this kind of a silly question to ask a bunch of Aston Martin owners?
Hmmm...not following why it would be...

If you get what Stuart says you get with a base model, you are doing pretty well.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
I wouldn't, I'd rather the first owner take the big hit on initial depreciation. Tho if money were no object I'd love to buy the Vantage V12 convertible just released.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 PM
ChiTownM is infamous around these parts
I was soooo close buying a leftover 2013 this spring but the dealer did not get close enough to my $$$ range to make me take the plunge. I am intrigued about this offer by AM, would only need heated seats since I live in Chicago and Bluetooth (maybe premium audio too)......not sure if any other option would be necessary?!

I drove multiple Porsche models and the AM is just more emotional to me.....the only other car in that price range I am interested in is the I8 which is a totally different kind of vehicle. Yes, you cannot cross shop V8VGT with I8 on paper but for me, it will be one of those 2 that I will pick ( am on the list at my local BMW dealer with deposit down). I hope I don't need a flame suit for this post......

Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rscultho
Hmmm...not following why it would be...

If you get what Stuart says you get with a base model, you are doing pretty well.
The question is would you drop 100k on an Aston if you had the cash. I think 90%+ on this board would answer yes because most people already own an Aston or have owned one in the past. Granted many didn't pay 100k, but the question states if you had the cash would you spend it. So if anyone on this board had 100k just laying around, would they buy an V8V GT? Seems like an obvious answer to me but perhaps I'm wrong.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by edtahaney
Would you drop $100,000 for an Aston Martin if you had the cash?
We just posted this story:

https://www.6speedonline.com/articles...martin-afford/

Is $100,000 a good price?
$100,000 on a car? I wouldn't spend that kind of money.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I would, and I did. But not on a Gaydon car...

Old 07-17-2014, 08:46 AM
rscultho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RossL
The question is would you drop 100k on an Aston if you had the cash. I think 90%+ on this board would answer yes because most people already own an Aston or have owned one in the past. Granted many didn't pay 100k, but the question states if you had the cash would you spend it. So if anyone on this board had 100k just laying around, would they buy an V8V GT? Seems like an obvious answer to me but perhaps I'm wrong.
My sincere apologies, I completely misunderstood your question (concerning whether to ask this of Aston Martin owners...)

For me, it's always a requirement that I get what I pay for whether it's Aston Martin or a Wal Mart special. Which, by the way, does not always happen!!!

I'd buy an Aston - but not a V8V GT. I just am not enamored by the Vantage...

Old 07-17-2014, 12:35 PM
bernard.barbour is infamous around these partsbernard.barbour is infamous around these parts
I prefer to wait until most of the depreciation has been realized.

Originally Posted by slayer of souls
Depends how good you are with money....

I prefer to wait until most of the depreciation has been realized. Factor in options etc, we are looking at the same price of ferrari 430, gallardo, audi r8 v10, aston v12v. Would I rather buy a "cheap" aston or a 430... i personally will go with the 430.

Sorry folks
+1 Slayer, as I always done this with every supercar I have purchased

Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 PM
V12Vin
The only time I saw a brand new AMV8 sold for truly under $100k was at AM Newport recently.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 5.18.57 PM.png
Views:	44
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	396952