Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Would you drop $100,000 for an Aston Martin if you had the cash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 12:06 PM
edtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud of
Would you drop $100,000 for an Aston Martin if you had the cash?

We just posted this story:

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...martin-afford/

Is $100,000 a good price?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
We've gotten into some pretty in-depth conversations about the V8VGT and a couple of our forum members have ordered one. I'm sure Karlfranz will chime in.

It's definitely a bargain but that seeming-low starting price point is somewhat deceptive. Pretty much everything is an option on the car, so realistically a buyer is paying considerably more than $100k (although still less than a similarly optioned V8VS). Also, paint and interior (leather) options are extremely limited compared to every other Vantage. I'm guessing that's to bring manufacturing costs down to help AM hit that price point.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM
rscultho is infamous around these parts
So I am curious...

What would a buyer get if they ordered the "base" model - the one you can get for $99,990.00?

Is it possible to buy one for the advertised price?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:57 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't this kind of a silly question to ask a bunch of Aston Martin owners?

Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
If I already had other cars, yes (one for performance, one for comfort/space for the family).

I love driving Astons. What a sense of occasion. I will state that the new F-Type R is stepping all over the possibility of me getting another one at this time. That car is ridiculously good looking, and well worth the money - which is right at, or near $100k, with very nice options.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rscultho
So I am curious...

What would a buyer get if they ordered the "base" model - the one you can get for $99,990.00?

Is it possible to buy one for the advertised price?
Yes you can, I have 3 available, all manual cars with no 'options'. Obviously freight + gas guzzler are extra and there is tax, but yes there are base models available at that price point.

However, I also think that in this case it isn't quite the usual 'base' model situation. You get all the Vantage S stuff (extra HP from intakes, suspension, steering rack etc.) in the 'base' model so it is actually pretty well set up if you ask me. Yes you have to pay extra for premium audio, heated seats and the like, but all the integral stuff that adds to the driving experience is included in the base and the options really are peripheral in this case.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-15-2014, 01:36 PM
slayer of souls is infamous around these parts
Depends how good you are with money....

I prefer to wait until most of the depreciation has been realized. Factor in options etc, we are looking at the same price of ferrari 430, gallardo, audi r8 v10, aston v12v. Would I rather buy a "cheap" aston or a 430... i personally will go with the 430.

Sorry folks

Old 07-15-2014, 02:06 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
If I already had other cars, yes (one for performance, one for comfort/space for the family).

I love driving Astons. What a sense of occasion. I will state that the new F-Type R is stepping all over the possibility of me getting another one at this time. That car is ridiculously good looking, and well worth the money - which is right at, or near $100k, with very nice options.
Having driven the Jag Ftype-R... It is no where NEAR as good as the Aston. It feels a 500 lbs heavier and it's just not as good of a drivers car. Impressive for a Jag but I would still take my 4.3L over the V8 Ftype any day of the week. The one really impressive thing about the jag is the new ZF 8spd auto... Other then that it is a very underwhelming car

Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Having driven the Jag Ftype-R... It is no where NEAR as good as the Aston. It feels a 500 lbs heavier and it's just not as good of a drivers car. Impressive for a Jag but I would still take my 4.3L over the V8 Ftype any day of the week. The one really impressive thing about the jag is the new ZF 8spd auto... Other then that it is a very underwhelming car
Oh, please don't get me wrong. I am in NO WAY trying to say the Jag F-Type is a better car than a Vantage GT. I already have decent performance cars that would make both look like chicanes (by comparison). I'm just suggesting that as far as looks, amenities, etc..., the wife and I prefer the F-Type (for the money). Since the price of $100k was placed on the title, I believe the F-Type would certainly bring other features to the table that a similarly priced Vantage GT may not.

*edited to reflect the Vantage GT being referenced.

By the way - I have no idea how the 911, 458, and GT-R are being referred to. I'm not even sure how those cars are remotely comparable to the VGT (or, more importantly, one to the other), price included.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 07-15-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Did we ever establish what the actual sticker price would be on one of these ?

I am sure there won't be any negotiating on the price at the dealer... My sticker was 135k but I got it for much less...

Old 07-15-2014, 03:06 PM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
I actually hope AM keep prices high but offer more performance. I would never want them to lower prices to a point where they need to mass manufacture to make a profit. I like the exclusivity of AM cars. They are very mysterious and sexy.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:32 AM
V12V is infamous around these parts
I would buy a leftover 13 or 14 that has more equipment for about the same price. A GT with some options will be close to $120. You can buy the cars I mentioned for the same or less (I Have) and get a nicer car. Yes there and manuals out there.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by biggynuts01
I actually hope AM keep prices high but offer more performance. I would never want them to lower prices to a point where they need to mass manufacture to make a profit. I like the exclusivity of AM cars. They are very mysterious and sexy.
On the surface, I'd somewhat agree... But as a company - developing better products costs money, which is made by selling more products, instead of keeping volume low, or raising prices astronomically high. Both models will provide revenue, as long as the company that charges a lot is providing something abnormal (i.e. Koenigsegg, Pagani, Bugatti, etc...). I don't see Aston Martin providing an insane level of comfort, performance, amenities, etc... that garner an unusually high price tag. So slightly lower costs would net more revenue from more sales, which usually ties into a superior product.

See: Porsche Cayenne to 918 Spyder for reference. The Cayenne was a lower cost Porsche that sold insane numbers (along with the Boxster/Cayman) to provide the revenue to support the development of the 918. Sometimes, bringing the product with more presence and sales to more people nets an even more mysterious and sexy product than had originally started.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^
The One-77 was a higher cost Aston Martin that sold insanly low numbers to provide the revenue to support the development of the Vanquish.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by karlfranz
^^^^
The One-77 was a higher cost Aston Martin that sold insanly low numbers to provide the revenue to support the development of the Vanquish.
Makes you wonder if they lost money on it or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you drop $100,000 for an Aston Martin if you had the cash?