Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP V8 Vantage Sport Lowering Springs New Product Launch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM
der Fahrer is infamous around these parts
Stuart / Everyone,

I'm also looking to get some more use out of my car without having to worry about every speed bump, road aberration, and driveway. Right now my car is on H&R springs, and I love the rear fitment. The front is about a half inch too low to be road-friendly and visually ideal (I dislike the "raked" look on a sports car).

Do you think the Velocity springs would balance the front and rear ride heights, keeping the rear about the same and raising the front just a little? Everyone's pics on here are on black cars so it's hard for me to tell.

Here's my current (H&R) setup for reference:
Name:  PkMGc2D.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  27.6 KB

The alternative is going to coilovers where I could have full control over ride height. Thoughts?

Last edited by der Fahrer; 03-24-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by der Fahrer
Stuart / Everyone,

I'm also looking to get some more use out of my car without having to worry about every speed bump, road aberration, and driveway. Right now my car is on H&R springs, and I love the rear fitment. The front is about a half inch too low to be road-friendly and visually ideal (I dislike the "raked" look on a sports car).

Do you think the Velocity springs would balance the front and rear ride heights, keeping the rear about the same and raising the front just a little? Everyone's pics on here are on black cars so it's hard for me to tell.

Here's my current (H&R) setup for reference:

The alternative is going to coilovers where I could have full control over ride height. Thoughts?
There's a little bit of guesswork involved, but I think our setup will give you what you're looking for. The wheel gap on the H&R at the rear looks about the same as ours, just the front which is slammed.

The VelocityAP springs are designed to be level front & rear, and the drop is slightly less than H&R. Bear in mind that the standard industry tolerance for spring heights is about +/- 2mm, so if you fall at extreme ends for those tolerances (one high, one low) you could have that much difference front to rear or vice versa but 4mm is a very small amount!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I have a container coming in on the 9th of April to our UK office/factory so we should be able to ship springs then. Can send ground to Germany.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-26-2015, 08:07 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
VelocityAP springs are a much better solution than H&R. It drops the fronts less than HR for a more balanced look and they are a true progressive rate spring, not a dual rate spring like HR which helps eliminate the pogo effect

Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM
der Fahrer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
VelocityAP springs are a much better solution than H&R. It drops the fronts less than HR for a more balanced look and they are a true progressive rate spring, not a dual rate spring like HR which helps eliminate the pogo effect
Thanks Stuart and 007. I think that's what I needed to hear. I'll probably place an order in the near future.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 PM
anton28 is infamous around these parts
Stuart anythjng coming up for a DBS in the near future? I hate the ride with my HR springs but love the stance

Old 03-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by anton28
Stuart anythjng coming up for a DBS in the near future? I hate the ride with my HR springs but love the stance
Actually, yes. I am working on the DB9, DBS hopefully to follow thereafter.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
What about V12S ?

Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
What about V12S ?
I believe these should fit but we would need to test fit to confirm. Ideally we would like to put OEM springs on a test bench to confirm spring rates are similar. Front is probably a higher rate due to the engine weight. Possibly rear as well.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-30-2015, 07:39 PM
anton28 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Actually, yes. I am working on the DB9, DBS hopefully to follow thereafter.
You just made my day! How long do you think before we might see something ready to ship?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Montana107 is infamous around these parts
This is and interesting post. I have installed the H&R's on my Vanatge S and I am not liking them. They are softer while cruising and don't seem to match up well to the dampers. On the stock springs the car performed well on the street. Now it will float on a high speed run and generally has the pogo effect mentioned above.... The car has become more sluggish than spirited... I have done this on other car makes with positive outcomes - So I am confused... H&R might be a mismatch to the S model suspension???

It seems the H&R's are a progressive rate and the Vanatge S stock springs are linear. Can anyone confirm this? it would be nice to know the spring rates of the V8VS factory, H&R and Stuart's option to determine my next steps.

Any insight is welcome

Thanks,

Old 06-07-2015, 12:00 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Montana107
This is and interesting post. I have installed the H&R's on my Vanatge S and I am not liking them. They are softer while cruising and don't seem to match up well to the dampers. On the stock springs the car performed well on the street. Now it will float on a high speed run and generally has the pogo effect mentioned above.... The car has become more sluggish than spirited... I have done this on other car makes with positive outcomes - So I am confused... H&R might be a mismatch to the S model suspension???

It seems the H&R's are a progressive rate and the Vanatge S stock springs are linear. Can anyone confirm this? it would be nice to know the spring rates of the V8VS factory, H&R and Stuart's option to determine my next steps.

Any insight is welcome

Thanks,
This is entirely speculation, but I think the H&R springs were developed for the early model years' standard suspension. Browsing H&R's application selector on their own website shows no option for the V8VS, V8VGT, or V8V with the optional sport suspension. The only option for the V8V at all is coupe or convertible - and I'm pretty sure that's just to account for the extra weight in the rear of the convertible.

I've had H&R springs on my '07 with standard suspension, and they work fine. Only real downsides are the very low ride height (I scrape sometimes, including rolling over some speed bumps, and cringe quite often thinking I'll scrape), and the much firmer ride. I love the stance and handling, but driving the car can be stressful. (The VelocityAP springs were developed specifically to address complaints like mine about the H&R springs.)

From what I've seen, people that put H&R springs on a V8VS, V8VGT, or V8V w/ sport suspension are often disappointed by the mismatch between the springs and struts - and that's because although they fit on the car, they weren't designed for those struts.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:27 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Springs

I put these on my V8VS and have been pleasantly surprised with the ride.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Montana107 is infamous around these parts
Telum01 - I believe you are accurate and hopefully someone can confirm.

EZ Cookin - thanks! That is helpful! Beautiful Car BTW!! Very well done

Old 01-25-2016, 07:39 PM
BlueCrush is infamous around these parts
So as we all know the issue the earlier vantage model have with the pogo stick feel on the suspension. Thanks to Stuart who listen to our complaints and provided a solution. After weeks of anticipation I finally got a set and install them myself but that's a whole another story. I've had them installed for a few weeks now and I've had a few drives with them installed. First the new stance is perfect not too low, the car feels more planted and the pogo stick feel is gone.

If you've ever thought about changing your springs out you will be very happy with these springs.

Thanks Stuart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP V8 Vantage Sport Lowering Springs New Product Launch