Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by wysoseereeus
Thanks for the all the info, guys. Bleen, I bought that Tune2Air dongle/adapter you recommended. Works like a charm!
I have it permanently hooked up

Old 04-02-2015, 11:38 PM
goto35 is infamous around these partsgoto35 is infamous around these parts
Yes it works very well!

Old 04-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kaj
Yep, for my car it's:

$120 for the config file (Part No. ZL702802) + $700 for the Bluetooth Module (Part No. ZLFD43-37-10142) +
$440 Labor +
$70 Tax

Kaj,

I just got the tune2air someone had mentioned and get steering wheel control and track display...

Do you know if this option adds anything special beyond that?

I'd consider the upgrade for a "cleaner" integration, but only if there is value beyond simply not using the $100 dongle I plugged into the console cable...

Thanks

Old 04-03-2015, 06:23 PM
kaj
kaj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Kaj, I just got the tune2air someone had mentioned and get steering wheel control and track display... Do you know if this option adds anything special beyond that? I'd consider the upgrade for a "cleaner" integration, but only if there is value beyond simply not using the $100 dongle I plugged into the console cable... Thanks
I haven't gotten mine installed yet, but I guess the main thing I was thinking is that you'd still have use of the phone over Bluetooth since you'd be paired to the car with the factory upgrade (and not the Tune2Air).

Old 04-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kaj
I haven't gotten mine installed yet, but I guess the main thing I was thinking is that you'd still have use of the phone over Bluetooth since you'd be paired to the car with the factory upgrade (and not the Tune2Air).
Tune2Air still allows 100% use of phone functions through pairing it with the car. A2dp is a different protocol than the one used for phone calls. When a call is placed, it mutes a2dp and connects the call. The system feel factory when using an iphone, and works pretty well with Android (missing track names with the later).
You just need to pair the phone two times, one with the car, one with the dongle. This only needs to be done once unless you use multiple phones. No biggie.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:24 AM
BraBiz is infamous around these parts
Just did IOS 9 upgrade to my iPhone, now I can receive calls when I touch receive button on phone, but steering wheel receive button still not working. This is improvement over having to fiddle with selecting Bluetooth option every time call came in. enough to make me think twice about upgrading car system.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BraBiz
Just did IOS 9 upgrade to my iPhone, now I can receive calls when I touch receive button on phone, but steering wheel receive button still not working. This is improvement over having to fiddle with selecting Bluetooth option every time call came in. enough to make me think twice about upgrading car system.
I've yet to hear from anyone using an iPhone that the receive button doesn't work, I don't think upgrading the bluetooth to the newer kit will solve that issue..that issue would need to be diagnosed and possible the switch or clock spring will need to be replaced.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:06 PM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
I have a 2007. So no ipod kit or anything.

If I was to buy the kit and do the installation myself, does anyone know if the physical parts of the installation are similar or at least no more difficult than the Dension aftermarket upgrade/install?

(Other than that I'll need a config file to enable from the dealer when done)

I'm trying to decide which way to go. OEM or aftermarket. With the goal of some bluetooth digital source input.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ab_aston
I have a 2007. So no ipod kit or anything.

If I was to buy the kit and do the installation myself, does anyone know if the physical parts of the installation are similar or at least no more difficult than the Dension aftermarket upgrade/install?

(Other than that I'll need a config file to enable from the dealer when done)

I'm trying to decide which way to go. OEM or aftermarket. With the goal of some bluetooth digital source input.

From what I recall, the older vehicles require the OEM Bluetooth kit installed..then the upgrade adds to the features by replacing the Bluetooth module and I believe the front radio head unit (main difference in cost for old vs newer upgrade kit is head unit requirement on older models)

Old 05-20-2016, 01:21 PM
I have not upgraded Bluetooth yet. Find the voice command short cut works great for hands free dialing out. The steering wheel button for it works fine. Just accepting calls cannot use any buttons, have to use phone button.

Make sure you add phone numbers to car memory.

Last edited by BraBiz; 05-20-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Gjcast is infamous around these parts
I just bought a 2007 vantage and I think it has Bluetooth. Right in front of the shifter is a Bluetooth symbol. I just can't figure out how to work it

Old 05-22-2016, 03:33 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gjcast
I just bought a 2007 vantage and I think it has Bluetooth. Right in front of the shifter is a Bluetooth symbol. I just can't figure out how to work it
you should have steering wheel controls on the left side, if you hit the bottom one it'll start prompting you for a voice command, say PAIR and then fire up bluetooth search on your phone and you connect that way.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:22 AM
The "call cancel" button is under/behind the steering wheel visible button. Took me a while to find it (who uses manuals).

The MY2007 Bluetooth is old technology. I use the voice command (once I figured out how to store phone numbers) and works great, with steering wheel controls. Only receiving a call is a hassle, have to accept on actual phone (call still picked up by car).

Old 08-27-2016, 03:01 PM
rozenblat is infamous around these parts
Steering Wheel controls don't work on 2007 DB9

Just got this kit installed on my 07 DB9 and the steering wheel controls do not work at all. Dealer says that's the way it's supposed to be for an 07 DB9. Anyone can confirm this?

Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 PM
As far as I know, there is nothing that makes steering wheel buttons work. I have my favorites voice labeled (easy to follow instructions in book) and use bottom phone button to call out to people I've labeled. Works perfectly.

To answer a call, I still have to use my phone. Anyone have better luck/options, please let us know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM Bluetooth Upgrade Installed: 2007 Vantage