Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Chrome seat switch covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:04 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
I will try to post more photos over the week end,I feel they improve the interior for very little money and as it is only attached by double sided tape it can be removed easily.Each to his own .

Old 05-21-2015, 08:02 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
I received the set ordered earlier this week. For what it is (remember they cost around 30 bucks) I think they look great.

Make sure that when you fit them (they come with 3M double sided tape) you put the side down were it was cut from the mold; a little edge-imperfection can spoil the result.

I know, I know a crappy grainy picture at night but I can tell you it's a great upgrade from the standard black switch which goes particularly nice with the solid aluminium *****.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150521_202710.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	420681  
Old 05-21-2015, 08:15 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sdekoning
I received the set ordered earlier this week. For what it is (remember they cost around 30 bucks) I think they look great.

Make sure that when you fit them (they come with 3M double sided tape) you put the side down were it was cut from the mold; a little edge-imperfection can spoil the result.

I know, I know a crappy grainy picture at night but I can tell you it's a great upgrade from the standard black switch which goes particularly nice with the solid aluminium *****.
Pleased to know you like it

Old 05-21-2015, 09:49 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CARAIBAM
Pleased to know you like it
Top tip!

Old 07-07-2015, 05:46 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
The covers fit perfectly. The black plastic always seemed strange with the rest of the materials in the interior.

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2016, 12:25 PM
ajmevans is infamous around these parts
I am working on a upgraded switch set, I am making the buttons in machined alloy and the black plastic coated with faux carbon fiber. Pain is getting the switch apart (and back together) if it works out I will maybe make several sets and offer them on an exchange basis with a core charge. Might also do one in all carbon fiber.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:11 PM
anton28 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ajmevans
I am working on a upgraded switch set, I am making the buttons in machined alloy and the black plastic coated with faux carbon fiber. Pain is getting the switch apart (and back together) if it works out I will maybe make several sets and offer them on an exchange basis with a core charge. Might also do one in all carbon fiber.

Don't use that fake carbon bs. Leave it black. This isn't a honda. I would be interested but not with the fake carbon backing.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:39 PM
I am just prototyping for now and will use the Hydrograpics to get a feel. I have a guy who can make an real CF insert if I like the look, Also thought about doing engine turned alloy insert. You correct in that it's not a Honda, shame they used Volvo parts in the first place, but they seemed to heave learned now, looking forward to a new DB11

Old 01-22-2016, 08:21 PM
timwhayden is infamous around these parts
I agree with Anton 28.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:28 PM
anton28 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ajmevans
I am just prototyping for now and will use the Hydrograpics to get a feel. I have a guy who can make an real CF insert if I like the look, Also thought about doing engine turned alloy insert. You correct in that it's not a Honda, shame they used Volvo parts in the first place, but they seemed to heave learned now, looking forward to a new DB11
Not sure what the Volvo comment had anything to do with what I said. Lamborghin used to use Nissan parts and now is VW. I don't think there's any shame in Volvo parts in our Aston's. It's actually a pretty common practice in the car manufacturing world.

I'd leave the backplate black like OEM. From a resale stand point you will capture more interest with the OEM look.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Maybe I thought your comments about it not being a Honda was directed at the part content, not the habit of some young Honda driver to adorn their cars with faux junk and bling :-)
However I am amazed that cars costing North of $180k use components from cars costing $30-50k. When Ulrich Bez took over he was against parts bins sharing but Ford brass over-ruled him. When VW Group took over at Bentley they realized that the tactile and visual elements of the car (regardless of what they connect to) should be unique.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:44 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
I believe the cars would cost even more if Aston designed and "produced" every single part.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:20 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ellipsis
I'm torn on these... on one hand it's cheap and covers up some ugly black plastic. On the other hand it might draw more attention to them, something i don't want to focus on.

Caraibam can you post some more shots, maybe from a distance? Thanks!
This. I bought some on eBay and have them sitting over the existing switches now, but not taped on yet. I am torn. I like it better than the original but still don't like the size of them in general. Original is ugly, but unobtrusive.. New ones less ugly but stand out more..

Old 03-22-2016, 06:35 AM
Seat Switch Upgrade

I agree I have a set and they look better but do stand out, I am going to get them coated in carbon-fiber dip and see what that looks like, I had an intention to do an entire switch is CF...anything better than the plain plastic. Just have to find a spare switch to pull apart and see if possible.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:33 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought a set on eBay $14.69 shipped. Will see how it looks with my interior.
Will post pictures when they come.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chrome seat switch covers