Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Chrome seat switch covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 07:51 AM
MichiganStar is infamous around these parts
Mine are due on the 5th too. I got mine for the equivalent of 10 bucks so if they dont fit its not all bad.

Old 12-28-2023, 10:03 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I've had these for years. I think they look a little clunky and draw attention to an area I'd rather not notice

Old 12-29-2023, 12:06 AM
seenastyle is infamous around these parts
Mine arrived today, 8 days earlier than expected. Unfortunately, they don't fit, they're too tight/small, but obviously a cousin to our controls. Unless I'm missing something, like that they're not meant to slide on top of the existing bodies as covers, but instead replace the existing bodies, or something like that.

Old 01-02-2024, 03:55 PM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
JUST GOT MINE IN!!! They do NOT fit!

Old 04-16-2024, 12:08 PM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
Found a solution

The chrome seat switch covers for the Land Rover LM2 that fit Aston Switches are seemingly not available. I ordered Chrome (Mirror) paint from Culture Hustle USA (it took three months to arrive), but with very thin and light brush strokes I got the chrome look very easily. I used a small model brush. I did two coats so far but one coat looked good, enough to do a few hundred seat switches from the small bottle. They suggested very light coats (shown is two coats).

Old 04-16-2024, 02:51 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
The chrome seat switch covers for the Land Rover LM2 that fit Aston Switches are seemingly not available. I ordered Chrome (Mirror) paint from Culture Hustle USA (it took three months to arrive), but with very thin and light brush strokes I got the chrome look very easily. I used a small model brush. I did two coats so far but one coat looked good, enough to do a few hundred seat switches from the small bottle. They suggested very light coats (shown is two coats).

Old 05-02-2024, 12:29 AM
seenastyle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Interesting, thanks for sharing. So while it's called chrome / mirror, both its bottle and your finished product look brushed, am I seeing that correctly? Do your brush marks / directions / lines remain? If so, then I'd think the brush you use probably makes a difference, and you'd want to maintain the same brush stroke direction.

Did you paint these in place, or remove? Any masking tape used? Personally, I'd be too scared to try unless I could set up the perfect conditions to make sure every brush stroke was perfect, such that it would look closer to factory vs something I did in the garage. The good news is that those controls are not very visible and mostly in the shadows. So there's room for error unless someone stares at the point blank, which won't happen.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:17 AM
Chrome Paint

The chrome looks very much like the brushed look of the aftermarket plastic overlays that used to be available for the Land Rover LR2 I used in the past. I tested the paint on some plastic items before brushing it on the switches. The application is extremely thin, so I did not worry about drops from the paint brush. It pretty much covered on one layer, but I used a few anyway. Because the brush had little of the paint I did not mask it but made sure I had plenty of light and was super steady with the brush. Unless you were right up close (as in the last picture) you would notice some imperfections. This image shows a more broad look of the interior. I doubt anyone would be looking so close to the switch to know it's a finish I painted on. Painting the bottom was tricky non masked.

Old 05-19-2024, 03:02 AM
PhuketPaul is infamous around these parts
I modified a set of Rapide chrome seat controls to fit my 2006 DB9 Volante, there was a lot of rewiring involved but it all works fine (not using the lumbar support switch at the moment), I'm building a custom PCB for the next set.