Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

pulling the trigger on 2009 Vantage...questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 01:54 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
pulling the trigger on 2009 Vantage...questions

I got the build sheet (provided by norbertaston, thanks!) from the car I am in the process of buying and have a few questions:

1-Where can be located the owner's manual? The seller (Jaguar dealer) says they don't have it. Any chance it can be hidden somewhere? How hard is it to find a replacement one?

2-build sheet says battery conditioner, where is it supposed to be located? Picture of the area?

3-missing the Lamy pen in the center console...how hard to find one? Was it an option?

Thank you for your help!

Old 10-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Vantagelvr is infamous around these partsVantagelvr is infamous around these parts
The manuals are usually in the door pockets or in the glove box . I have an 07 Vantage and the manual won't fit in the glove box . They should rename it condom locker or something because that's about all that it will accommodate . The battery tender should be in the trunk . Probably the previous owner has both items at home along with the spare keys as well .
Open up the little access hatch on the right side in the trunk it maybe in there .
I have seen the manuals on E-bay but they are not cheap usually 300 to 500 U.S.
What's a Lamy pen ?

Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
The manuals are usually in the door pockets or in the glove box . I have an 07 Vantage and the manual won't fit in the glove box . They should rename it condom locker or something because that's about all that it will accommodate . The battery tender should be in the trunk . Probably the previous owner has both items at home along with the spare keys as well .
Open up the little access hatch on the right side in the trunk it maybe in there .
I have seen the manuals on E-bay but they are not cheap usually 300 to 500 U.S.
What's a Lamy pen ?
The Lamy (brand, like Mont-Blanc or such) pen is located inside a hole in the center console just behind the shifter lever (manual). Only on 2009+ cars. It's missing on the car in question.

Here's a picture I just found of the pen in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Martin...item33aa9f3c78

Last edited by impulsiv; 10-06-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Manual fits in the glove box; just need to learn how to place it properly...

Old 10-07-2015, 09:48 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Manual fits in the glove box; just need to learn how to place it properly...
That's right. When you put it in the glove box, tilt the back up a little and it will fit. That's the only thing you'll be able to put in the glove box except for maybe a Kleenex or two.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:18 PM
are there any storage compartments behind the seats? Maybe it's hidden in there.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
My car was missing the battery conditioner as well probably the old owner has it . I bought a new one from the parts department they're not cheap I would have the seller dealer refund you the amount for these items or have them buy them for you and make them part of the deal.
Ron

Old 10-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
My car was missing the battery conditioner as well probably the old owner has it . I bought a new one from the parts department they're not cheap I would have the seller dealer refund you the amount for these items or have them buy them for you and make them part of the deal.
Ron

Hey Ron I remember you from the Lotus forum. Do you still have the Evora?The conditioner is an option, maybe your car was not ordered with it?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by impulsiv
Hey Ron I remember you from the Lotus forum. Do you still have the Evora?The conditioner is an option, maybe your car was not ordered with it?
My car didn't come with the battery conditioner, it is listed on my window sticker. I think a lot of these original owners tend to keep trinkets from some of these cars .
I sold my Evora in April of this year. We moved to a house with one car less garage space, so it had to go. It was a great car that I had owned for 5 years.
Ron

Old 10-07-2015, 11:01 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Not to hijack the threads, my buddy bought an Evora a few months ago and it has spent more time at the dealer than in his garage. Plagued with electrical issues... but then again, it is British...

Old 10-08-2015, 07:33 AM
My Evora was a 2011 N/A stick 6 spd. It was a very reliable car. I had a few small problems that were taken care of under warranty. It was between keeping my Evora or my Vantage when we moved. Even though I had ordered my Evora from new and I bought my Vantage used, the Vantage was a more special car.
So I sold my Evara for a 50% loss.
Ron

Old 10-14-2015, 05:00 PM
The build sheet says "Stoneguards: Front Stone Guards" What are these? mudflaps? Or clear protective film?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Mudflaps