Tips for selling my Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2015 | 03:51 AM
|
chogan is infamous around these parts
Tips for selling my Vantage

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of selling my 06 Vantage and wanted to get your thoughts on the best way to do it. Note - this has nothing to do with the car itself as I completely love it. It's an excellent condition late model 2006, manual transmission, 27k miles, black on black with silver stitching (with the 07+ seat design), and took me over a year to find it. I've had it for 2 years and added the sports pack wheels, V12 side skirts, and carbon fiber rear diffuser. It's awesome.

I just want to put that money away to my kids' college funds instead. (Sigh)

Since I'm not trading it in for another car, what are you thoughts on the best way to sell it? Using the mass website approach with Cars.com and Autotrader listings, local exotic car meets, or something else? I live in north Atlanta for reference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Old 12-11-2015 | 10:22 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Take some time to get a really good set of pictures. Get her all cleaned up, tire shine, etc.. Do not high gloss shine the leather in side of course.. that looks tacky. Typically I like to find a high end venue like a really nice water view or mansion type house. You can typically just pull up somewhere and take all the picts you need in 5min. Recommend just before sunset as the lighting will be best. IMO that shows you cared enough to at least present the car well. Get all outside angles, pictures of all 4 wheels/tires, and good interior shots. 'IF' there are any particular issues like a scratch or leather crack... get shots of those. I'd wait till you had a buyer interested and then also send over the blems to say 'hey here are the only issues I see.' Best to be very honest.

Recommend autotrader.com runs-till it sells. Also list here and other exotic sites when you can.

GL with sale!

Old 12-11-2015 | 10:37 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Look at the last entry of the FAQ (first post).

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...questions.html

Old 12-11-2015 | 04:18 PM
|
chogan is infamous around these parts
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the help. I admit I've looked at the FAQs before, but didn't think to look there for this. Such great info from that experience shared and hope to benefit from it. Now to figure out how and where to take some great pics!

Old 12-12-2015 | 08:47 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
lol i forgot it was there, too. i knew it was in one of the stickies so it wouldn't get lost. gotta save K-F's knowledge!