Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Previous Porsche now V8 Vantage owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 12:32 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Not in the US i think, there's some in the UK but that intl shipping plus duties easily adds a 80% premium... which still comes out to be cheaper than buying from the dealers here haha

Old 12-28-2015, 01:03 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
HWM Aston Martin or AstomMartinBits.

HWM give a discount to AMOC members. New parts I buy from them, used parts from AMB. Don't even bother with US dealers.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Falcondrivr is infamous around these parts
I'm a long-time Porsche 911 owner and PCA Instructor and board member. My last 911 was a 997.1 C4S 6 speed. Currently have an '07 Vantage 6-speed.
My impressions are that the performance of the Vantage and 997.1S are equal. The handling is different, but equally engaging. The Vantage is a little better in the corners from a balance perspective. 911 wins the traction on corner exit. Vantage handles bery much like a well set up 944 (near perfect.)

Vantage wins the looks and comfort battle easily except for the ride. It rides a little harsher than the 997 when the 997 is in "comfort," and a bit softer than a 997 in "Sport."

Both cars seem equally well put together.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
I equate the Vantage 'experience' in comparison with the original 1996/97 Buell S1 and Japanese bikes. Sorry HD lovers, but I think Harleys suck compared to the handling and speed of most other bikes. So when I first rode a Buell S1 in 1996 In was shocked to discover that I could handle what was essentially a Harley Sportster engine with a whole lot more factory power and torque in a beautiful bike as if I was riding a light weight dirt bike. The potato-potato-potato thump thump of the low RPM engine certainly was in audio conflict with the hang-on-for-dear-life of the acceleration of the S1. Never since have I had such an experience (I'm on my 4th 96/97 S1) on a motorcycle, and most my experienced rider friends that try it out for a short spin eventually take a whole lot longer to get back with a huge smile when they arrive. To say the original S1 Buell is 'old school' and raw is an understatement, it's certainly not the quickest, fastest, best handling, fast stopping, or even safest bike, and no fancy instruments, but it's still one of the best looking bikes and nothing comes close to the visceral feeling one experiences when riding. Others are 'electric motor' smooth, the s1 quite the opposite.

The Vantage is raw (even in SportShift) and visceral (emotional) and beautiful. Yes a Mustang or Camaro might want to race - so what, they will walk away feeling good about their investment! When I pull up in a business meeting people assume I know what I'm talking about and the Aston becomes a reason to converse. A Porsche? No so much. In city traffic with cops everywhere the top speed of my Vantage is about 5 over the limit - it will never see within 100 MPH what it's capable of. Would I like adaptive cruise, and safety this and that, as well as self parking like my BMW? It's the rawness and old school that makes the car so special, and the noise.. wow. Porsche - not so much... too refined.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:46 AM
Acmw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jgriffi
Maybe, but I haven't found one yet. Anyone have a name?

Maybe some jaguar parts cross , and then you can find the same part number of a jag from a non oem company .