Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

how to program keyfob for 08 vantage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:16 PM
goto35 is infamous around these partsgoto35 is infamous around these parts
how to program keyfob for 08 vantage?

I got 3 keyes when i bought my 08 vantage roadster. 2 were BRAND new. I tried them 2 years ago and they key fob worked perfectly.

Tried the brand new key today and it wont unlock lock for both keyes!

Cant be the battery cause i havent used them in 2 years. Pretty sure they lost the programming.

So how do you program the 08 vantage lock/unlock to the car again?

My 3rd key is working perfectly. (thought id lost the 3rd key which is why i used the brand new key today and it wouldnt unlock/lock.)

Old 02-12-2016, 04:39 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I would try batteries first as they could be 8-9 years old. You can only program remotes if you have the original key codes supplied with the remotes. And this is a dealer only option. 2032 is the battery size.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:07 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You don't program the keys. You program the car to accept the keys. So there is no way for the keys to "lose their programming."

Old 02-13-2016, 09:52 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If the car has been to a dealer, key FOB's could have been cleared, or if CEM has been changed. Batteries first if nothing else has been done.