Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Garmin update?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:57 PM
skat004 is infamous around these parts
No Garmin?

hi guys,

my dilemma is that ive got a MY11 Vantage S that was manufactured in 2010.

the user manual makes reference to the Garmin system but the screen looks like the old Volvo Nav system. I've tried to pull out the panel around the subwoofer behind the passenger seat (Rhd) and found nothing. Just to make sure I'm not blind and obviously missing something can you please have a look at the picures below and validate for me that I don't have Garmin please?

Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You do not have a Garmin system. Garmin is 2012MY. But you do have B&O sound!

Old 07-28-2017, 07:08 AM
dommarion is infamous around these parts
Hi,
I have Vantage MY2012 with GARMIN GPS. Actually my SD card is from 2014 and would like to make the update for 2017.
I would like to make sure it is workable with GARMIN SD Card "City Navigator® Europe NT, ref: 010-10680-50"
Has someone made it already ?
Aston Martin dealer told me it is locked with special code from Aston Martin...
Thanks
David

Old 07-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I contacted Garmin about this directly and at first they said they did not support our cars. I sent the cars new window sticker to them that showed the car had a Gramin sat nav fitted. They sent me this response:

"You have a GVN 54 system that was specially designed for Aston Martin. I did find reference to the maps for this system, but we don't keep any in our warehouse. This is most likely due to arrangements between Garmin - Aston Martin - and the mapping company HERE.com. As I know we don't have any in stock, I would suggest your next request be to HERE.com (1-866-462-8837) to see if they have a better price on these maps in their stock."

I went to the Garmin website (as others have done on this forum) and just ordered the City Navigator NT (this is for North America). It was a simple plug and play for 2018 maps. I'm sure the European version will work the same way.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
If anyone needs the new map updates for N.A(2016 maps), current part number is CG43-10E898-BH. Uk is CG43-10E898-AH. These numbers will change the suffix year to year. I keep getting asked this on pm's, so thought I'd post the info in this thread. I'm not aware if Garmin will sell them, but all AM dealers will and anyone selling OEM parts online (ex: VelocityAP)

I can't quote prices, please don't ask, but for anyone with a Garmin system, your lucky in comparison to the Navteq owners, which only have a 2009 update and at 2x sometimes 3x the price!! Even I envy you Garmin owners, my Audi S4 is 600$ from the dealer, and that's a deal for a Sh*tty system!

(Sorry for this rant in advance) I guess the whole moral is if you can afford a 100k vehicle, whats 300$ for an A.M OEM Map update that's guaranteed to work. In Montreal, Canada, that map update price would be 2-3 full tanks of fuel for a V8V..not bad for only 400km's of city travel!! LOL..Never know, that Garmin update might save you mpg's

Old 08-02-2017, 12:07 PM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
I no longer use my cars built in navigation anymore, as I find that the maps on my iPhone is always up to date. What I really want is the ability to retrofit Apple,s car play to my 2007 Vantage

Old 08-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by embdenb
I no longer use my cars built in navigation anymore, as I find that the maps on my iPhone is always up to date. What I really want is the ability to retrofit Apple,s car play to my 2007 Vantage
An ICU module which is the brain on the current models, similar to what iy have called an MMM....is north of $7,500, that's not including the screen, wood veneer and any wiring.

With your model and having Navteq. You would be better off getting an inline adapter for the M.O.S.T system and just install an aftermarket CarPlay unit, would work and function through the original screen and most of these units do have options for BT streaming and reverse camera addons. I even had a car here once(might be a forum member), who also had curb view camera's(one in each wheel area)

Old 05-20-2020, 12:33 AM
sirrichi is infamous around these parts
Merci for that hint, I found that in my Virage too. In the manual was NOTHING about that, so MERCI!
Update went automatic, startup of the navigation system took about 2min and said "maps loading" and "system update", then the new maps were on. Also the aston martin mini-car as cursor was unchanged.

Originally Posted by cuddapah
You mean the heel board behind the driver seat ? I pulled off that board and saw this.Couldn't take a clearer pic. Where is the SD Card Slot ?
I am asking this so I could get latest SD Card from Garmin (as posted in this thread) and stick it in there. The last time I let the dealer do it, I paid $200+.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:38 AM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
Does anyone of you know if this is the most updated SW?
If not, any clue how to get it (I am more interested in the nave SW itself than the maps).
If I can get something from "standalone garmin navi" do you know which of them has the same specs?

Old 05-29-2024, 11:57 PM
rnaidu
Updated the maps on my 2014 DB9 with 2024 map update

Decided to update my 2014 DB9 map software and ordered the Garmin update from www.thegpsstore.com. Called them to order it, because the online order was not going through. Received the sd card in about a week. Found the SD card slot behind the driver's side rear seat and inserted the sd card. The Nav system immediately recognized the new software. The current maps are the 2024 version. (https://www.thegpsstore.com/GPS-Maps...2020-microSDSD). Total cost with shipping was US$93.00.

Last edited by rnaidu; 05-30-2024 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2024, 02:35 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
A word of caution for Canadian owners... I got the City Navigator North America SD card for my 2016 Vanquish. In my car it's of no use in Canada, but it does work brilliantly in the USA.

When you examine the file structure on the SD card it looks as if the USA is the primary .img file, and there's another .img file that has the non-USA maps. I suspect that there's a firmware update that you get with the Aston version which lets the device work with multiple .img files.

Old 07-25-2024, 06:16 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Can you rename the Canada.img file into US.img file and hence trick the unit?

Old 07-25-2024, 07:45 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
I tried that, but there's some kind of checksum or something that blocks it.

Old Today, 10:22 AM
jimveres
Well I'm stumped. I bought the Garmin City Navigator for North America as others have done above, plugged the SD card into the Nav unit in the trunk of my, new to me, 2015 V8 Vantage and the nav system didn't see it. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help,
Jim Veres
2015 V8 Vantage in Seattle

Old Today, 01:13 PM
yvr
Did you also change your map selection in the menu?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Garmin update?