Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Trading the Aston in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 06:11 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Very cool Gene. I have a thing for wagons. I still have plans to get a hold of a low miles Volvo V70R wagon with a manual tranny and see if I can get 5 or 600BHP out of it.
I am big on wagons as well.

I guy in our local AMOC has one and is looking to trade it towards a Vantage manual.

Old 06-10-2020, 02:49 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gene G
One more shot.
nice car ...it is a AMG after all so it’s faultless.

that said the only time I would be seen in one is on the way to my funeral .... to each his own ....

Old 06-10-2020, 09:21 PM
mjanis is infamous around these parts
I have had 2 Mercedes e-class wagons. Great cars, was able to put over 200k miles on both before moving on. They are practical, luxurious, and ride like a sedan. Always wanted the AMG version and still might get one someday. But for now the Aston still brings me joy. Congrats on a nice purchase. But if I were you, I would trade a couple of your other cars for a DBS.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:49 PM
Or you could have bought this instead....Aston Bertone Wagon

https://carbuzz.com/news/200-mph-ast...on-up-for-sale

Old 06-11-2020, 09:15 AM
sliderule01 is infamous around these parts
That Bertone wagon is beautiful. I have always had station wagons - from Volvo 740 turbo with intercooler (manual); Volvo 960 wagons (500K miles before daughter totals it - by far favorite wagon), MB 300 (Drove great every 2 tanks a gas before some else would break - spent more time in the shop than in my drive way - and it always leaked oil), Volvo V70 AWD to my last wagon, a Cadillac CTS AWD Sport Wagon. (I really liked the Cadillac Wagon - it was the best car in the snow I ever had). That Aston Wagon would be something that I would love having.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:24 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I love wagons... have had BMW 5 series, C and E class wagons and last year traded in my Volvo V60 RDesign...

I actually looked at Gene's wagon a few years ago before he traded it... it was gorgeous, and well kept, like all of Gene's collection of cars... he updated trim, power, e.t.c... struggled and had to pass because my wife wanted an SUV and I already had my Aston for fun... one day, may trade our Aston and AMG SUV in on wagon... one day...

Old 06-11-2020, 11:00 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I like wagons and have considered getting a new RS6 but I have a 4runner already for hauling stuff or long trips and it can actually go off road

I wouldn't mind having a different fun car but what do I get for the value of my aston? Probably nothing that comes even close

Just like brightoncorgi I do enjoy online window shopping

Old 06-11-2020, 10:30 PM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about
Well, no worries, everyone. At least one owner later, and she's got a new home and is being well taken care of. :-)

Catching some sun...

Old 06-12-2020, 05:14 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Great to see her again. Looking good Ash, glad that you are enjoying the Aston. As you all know I missed the Aston and had to get another one.

Last edited by Gene G; 06-12-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:22 PM
DB11 or DBS?

Old 06-13-2020, 07:04 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mjanis
DB11 or DBS?
I currently have the green V8Vantage and love it. I had a DB11 and I didn’t like it. The new generation of Aston have lost all that is special about the previous generation.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gene G
Great to see her again. Looking good Ash, glad that you are enjoying the Aston.
Enjoying is an understatement. Went on a drive with 19 others in varying other sports cars on some local windy roads on Sunday. An owner of a 2018 BMW M3 Competition came over and couldn't believe that the Aston had the stock exhaust.

He said, "I've spent thousands of dollars trying to get mine to sound half that good."

I normally keep F22 plugged in for driving around locally, but I'd pulled it that morning in anticipation of the drive in the country. First time I've had it out, to be honest, and the difference was amazing.

Just great fun all around.