Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Trading the Aston in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Trading the Aston in

Worked out a deal with Ferrari of Atlanta and on Thursday will be trading the Vantage in on a Mercedes E63 AMG Estate.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	445807  
Old 04-15-2016, 05:04 PM
LALEX1 is infamous around these parts
What year is the car and how many miles?
Mind sharing how much they are giving you for the Vantage?

Old 04-15-2016, 05:12 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Willing to part with those nice DBS wheels?

Old 04-15-2016, 09:39 PM
omegaSMP300 is infamous around these parts
Yes please year and mileage and trade in price please (via pm) if you are willing. I am considering getting back in a vantage myself and trying to see what dealers having been paying to pick up used ones. Gorgeous car and hope the dealership is treating you right!

Old 04-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
They were very fair and easy to deal with. The DBS wheels go with the car.
You never get what you would like to get for your car but they were really close. Close enough to make me give up the Aston. I have always wanted a AMG estate. My Vantage is a 2009 and just turned 21,000 miles. The AMG is a 2012 with 18,000 miles and has every option that was available with a original sticker price over 131,000. I really like the Aston but this car is some thing I have been looking for for along time, and I don't have room to have 8 cars.

Last edited by Gene G; 04-17-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Congratulations. I don't quite understand how one goes from an Aston Martin to a station wagon, but if you have 8 cars I suppose your needs are somewhere in the mix. I "only" have 4 cars, and if I had to narrow it to just a pair I'd go with my Aston Martin Vantage and Range Rover (full size) Supercharged.
CATTMAN

Old 04-16-2016, 08:07 PM
alexhuth is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cattman
Congratulations. I don't quite understand how one goes from an Aston Martin to a station wagon, but if you have 8 cars I suppose your needs are somewhere in the mix. I "only" have 4 cars, and if I had to narrow it to just a pair I'd go with my Aston Martin Vantage and Range Rover (full size) Supercharged. CATTMAN
I am thinking the same. From sports cars to soccer mom!

Old 04-17-2016, 10:04 AM
I have always wanted an AMG wagon. They are the rarest of all the Mercedes models, and the one I'm getting has been modified by Renntech to have 700 hp. I really do like the Vantage and have enjoyed this forum. My Aston will be at Ferrari of Atlanta. If anyone is looking for a really nice 2009 Vantage. Being sought of a concours nut,I have spent quite a lot of time and a fair amount of money bringing the Aston up to my standered. It really is a great car and I know I will miss it, but the opportunity presented it self to cross one more off my bucket list. I do have several other cars and enjoy each of them for different reasons. My favorite is our SL55,it is a 2005 and still has never been in the rain.The last show it was in it won't best of show. I also really enjoy our 911 and our Audi TT. The Audi has also never been in the rain. The Porsche is an iconic sports car and is the most fun to drive. The Bentley GT Speed is most probably one of the finest cars ever built. The C32 is my wife's favorite and is most probably one of the lowest mileage C32s. It is a great little car for road trips. Our daily driver is a Tiguan R line. No practical reason for having the cars that I have. It's just that I'm retired and cars are my passion. This is a great forum,and someday I will probably have another Aston.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Back here in Florida. This is the E63 AMG Estate. It has been modified by Renntech and now has 701 hp and 839 tq. The ride to Atlanta in the Aston was very nice and someday I will have to get another. The ride back to Florida in the E class was a great way to get to know the new toy. This car is something that I have been looking for for quite along time. Was surprised at the thumbs up we got in the wagon. I thought it would be more of a stealth vehicle.
They are the rarest cars that MB makes. Only about 150 per year and all special ordered.

Views:	59
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	446472  
Old 04-24-2016, 05:19 PM
I found it interesting that the first owner was the German government. The car has every option available. Guess they wanted to go fast on the German's tax dollars. It was used in Germany and then used as a diplomatic car in DC.

Last edited by Gene G; 04-25-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:25 PM
One more shot.

Views:	152
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	446482  
Old 04-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Very cool Gene. I have a thing for wagons. I still have plans to get a hold of a low miles Volvo V70R wagon with a manual tranny and see if I can get 5 or 600BHP out of it.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-25-2016, 11:37 AM
911MTB is infamous around these parts
I understand your passion for the Estates. I had an Audi A4 Avant S-Line which was one of my favourite cars ever. I love the wagons although I won't be trading my Vantage for one anytime soon. That is a sweet looking AMG Estate, enjoy!

Old 04-25-2016, 01:29 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Talk about a Grocery Getter!!

I'm going to guess you can back from the store with the bread and milk in a few seconds flat in that bad boy!

I love it and understand your passion for unique and fast "Q Ships".

Old 06-09-2020, 09:49 PM
puliredtha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gene G
Worked out a deal with Ferrari of Atlanta and on Thursday will be trading the Vantage in on a Mercedes E63 AMG Estate.
Oh my God
this car is just gorgeous and I even know what car I can compare with it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading the Aston in