Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

navigation system time zone change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:32 PM
PhastAM is infamous around these parts
navigation system time zone change

The navigation system in my 2007 AM Vantage is plus 4 hours ahead of my eastern time zone. How can I change the system to my local time zone?

Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PhastAM
The navigation system in my 2007 AM Vantage is plus 4 hours ahead of my eastern time zone. How can I change the system to my local time zone?
I know this doesn't help you; But, I wasn't aware that anyone actually uses the GPS in any AM, even the new ones because they suck so bad.

The time is either in the settings (don't have my car with me in Afghanistan) or the time is tied to the clock on the car. Likely in the settings, just keep searching inside there. However, if you get frustrated, try looking at a Volvo forum and see if anyone there has had your issue

Funny thing---- I always thought that was so cool how they were on the dash and popped up!!!! Then I got my Aston and then tried the GPS out, just so I could keep it up. Well, I figured the GPS had a mind of its own, and no matter what I did, between 2-6 minutes, the GPS folded back down. So, I gave up and never opened it again. It was worthless anyway and SDEKOENIG and I are working a solution. Well he did, we are just going to see if it can be duplicated a little easier.

Having the GPS up, to me is not cool looking any more. It actually bothered me, and even though it doesn't really affect vision out the window, it felt like it, so perception is reality and I have always just kept it down.

Last edited by SheriffDep; 04-18-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I had a 2007 Vantage for two years. I used the nav a few times and found it to be above average. I did buy the Volvo operating system disk and upgraded my nav system too much newer maps which did help. I think the clock settings are in the nav setup menu. The nav system in my 2016 Vantage is much better in every way. I hope this helps.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 04-18-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 PM
PhastAM is infamous around these parts
Re: Nav.

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I know this doesn't help you; But, I wasn't aware that anyone actually uses the GPS in any AM, even the new ones because they suck so bad.

The time is either in the settings (don't have my car with me in Afghanistan) or the time is tied to the clock on the car. Likely in the settings, just keep searching inside there. However, if you get frustrated, try looking at a Volvo forum and see if anyone there has had your issue

Funny thing---- I always thought that was so cool how they were on the dash and popped up!!!! Then I got my Aston and then tried the GPS out, just so I could keep it up. Well, I figured the GPS had a mind of its own, and no matter what I did, between 2-6 minutes, the GPS folded back down. So, I gave up and never opened it again. It was worthless anyway and SDEKOENIG and I are working a solution. Well he did, we are just going to see if it can be duplicated a little easier.

Having the GPS up, to me is not cool looking any more. It actually bothered me, and even though it doesn't really affect vision out the window, it felt like it, so perception is reality and I have always just kept it down.

The motor in my Nav sys. is weak and sometimes doesn't open without a hand up. That being said it does give some funky distance/time to target at times, but it gets me to the target. So I find it somewhat helpful.
I will try to move around in the settings/GPS and see if I can find a fix. Thanks for the hint to check at the Volvo forum.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:28 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I haven't ever used mine. I don't like the way it looks and my phone GPS is tons better. The day is coming when GPS built into cars will be a thing of the past. What they need to do with those big in car screens is display what is on your phone.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:53 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Date and Time setting location

Here is a page from the owners manual that may help...

Old 04-18-2017, 08:32 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Out of curiosity, when was the last GPS overhaul? I recall one when they moved to Garmin on HDD.... Any significant updates between then and the new AMI iii?

Old 04-19-2017, 12:26 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
2012.25 for the Vantage. Unsure about the other models.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.