Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 10:43 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit...

You may go to AMBits for pictures of the individual pieces.

You can thank me for a picture of the kit, which answers questions that a few people may have.

I finally managed to get the thing through customs.

So far, I like the finish work. However, I do believe I could have gotten these pieces for a lot less than the price I paid, since upon obtaining them, I realize the cabin braces and instrument surround are laminated. Hence, i could have merely bought these and had them laminated at a price far less than what I paid for them. Oh well, such is life.... At least, I've got consistency of finish.

So far, I've installed the door caps, which are gorgeous. I've also installed the door scuff plates, as well as the instrument surround.

One thing you'll note from the picture of the door scuff plates is there are no holes to mount the name plate. I have custom plates with my name and my hand written initials (all laser etched). So, I'll be drilling these holes and tapping them later tonight.

To install the hand brake, it looks like I'll have to remove the driver's seat. I'll try to do it without removing the seat but I'm not too optimistic about the success I'll have doing so.

I'll post high-res pictures when all's done.

TAC

Last edited by terminal_ac; 05-24-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:01 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Those door caps are gorgeous. Can't wait to see them installed.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:40 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
This is gonna look good! Can't wait to see it

Old 05-24-2017, 04:44 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Redpants
This is gonna look good! Can't wait to see it
Rich-

I realized I didn't have a decent scale to weigh these things. However, from what I see the weight savings are negligible (ounces at best) from the door caps and the door scuff plates.

You also have to remember, I have the vantage V8S door scuff plates, which were very heavy.

As you can see the hand brake is a straight swap, as well as the cabin braces. Since the cabin braces are laminated, you won't see a weight loss there, but exactly the opposite.

As for the instrument surround, this was also heavier, which I could feel just from the weight of it in my hand because it too is a laminated part.

My apologies....

TAC

Old 05-25-2017, 10:07 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
man that looks awesome but its so expensive! Doesn't even come with a CF waterfall!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:50 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
My has the factory optioned CF interior which is just a partial amount of what you have. It includes the ski slope/waterfall (whatever the correct names is), door arm sills, and the shifter surround. I wouldn't mind having the radio surround but that is enough for ME. I like the combination of hard and soft touch materials. I love leather every bit as much as I love CF!

Old 05-25-2017, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by deckman
My has the factory optioned CF interior which is just a partial amount of what you have. It includes the ski slope/waterfall (whatever the correct names is), door arm sills, and the shifter surround. I wouldn't mind having the radio surround but that is enough for ME. I like the combination of hard and soft touch materials. I love leather every bit as much as I love CF!
I agree. I ponder whether I am going overboard. I'm considering doing the heater grill surrounds, as well as all the silver in the interior. However, I believe it would be a bit overkill.

My thought is that you do need some level of contrast. Otherwise, everything just goes "dead".

Old 05-25-2017, 07:37 PM
This is a wrap. If I remove the seats, I may have to reset the seats and the windows and do a relearn for misfires due to the car losing the stored misfire information.

I'll have the dealer install this part, along with the cabin braces.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:55 PM
rohnin is infamous around these parts
Was the instrument surround hard to install? I wonder if it matches the factory CF

Old 05-30-2017, 04:37 AM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
You can also get high quality carbon parts from here http://www.divinatech.com/category-s/100.htm

And gorgeous billet V12 oil cap http://www.divinatech.com/v12-oil-filler-cap-p/v12oilcap.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-30-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by rohnin
Was the instrument surround hard to install? I wonder if it matches the factory CF
Very easy to install. About an hour. And it does match the factory, CF. It is a factory part, after all.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Door handle, tread plate, and handbrake...

Old 06-02-2017, 08:10 PM

Cabin Brace

Old 06-02-2017, 08:11 PM

Instrument bezel

Old 06-02-2017, 08:14 PM

Door sill

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.